1992 Marin Team Issue rescue - Finshed pics on page 8

Re: 1992 Marin Team Issue rescue

when you say degreasing what was your approach and what did you use the parts came out well - builds looking good

I used the pinky orange bicycle degreaser from Halfords mixed with Maguires car shampoo and hot water. Old toothbrush for scrubbing and then a bit of brasso polish on the silver metal parts :)

Re:

Your bike is coming along superbly! so nice it's another that's been given a new lease of life, these bikes were around £1400 for the rigid option bitd!

My '93 still gets used as intended :twisted:

67275457-1461-BigDog-130816.jpg

Keep up the good work, although nearly there!

Re: Re:

shawnb":xpw8w77p said:
Your bike is coming along superbly! so nice it's another that's been given a new lease of life, these bikes were around £1400 for the rigid option bitd!

My '93 still gets used as intended :twisted:

67275457-1461-BigDog-130816.jpg

Keep up the good work, although nearly there!

Yep i have to admit i really love how these bikes look and great pic by the way ;) ..

Cheers Shawn, your bike looks lovely and great to see it being used as intended :)

Rear wheel finally arrived unscathed all the way from San Jose, Californa :)

Rears drilled for Presta valve whereas front is wide enough for Schrader type, should I drill the rear or just bung a Presta tube in so my odd valve OCD doesn't kick in?

So she still needs the chain a cables but I'll do that this evening, I know these bits are missing but I can't get over how light she feels. Hoping with this weight and top quality steel frame she's going to fly :)

That looks well nice Tim and yes it's quite surprising it travelled all that way without incident but so glad it did mate and sorry but i'd have to get the drill out so both rims fit the same valve ;) ..

Looking very lush Tim and can't wait to see this completed and of course she'll fly as she's a top quality steed ;) ..

Back