1992 Marin Team Issue rescue - Finshed pics on page 8

Re: 1992 Marin Team Issue rescue

Cables on and gears and brakes set :)

Just need to sort matching inner tubes and replace the skewer rubbers and she's done. First proper ride possibly on Sunday at Bedgbury unless I take the Klein Rascal which I still haven't ridden properly or pull my finger out and cable up the Yeti. Why do we take so many bike projects on?! ;)

Talking of projects, the Team Issue will have a Retro Marin stablemate, a colleague has just dropped his Palisades Trail of for a refurb.

Better pics and a spec list to come.

Stable mate :)

Looks great Tim. Top notch work

Your colleagues Palisades Trail paint work looks a lttle flat " tut " but it is great seeing the two Marins together ;) and yes your Team is looking just sublime Tim and i'd love to know how good it rides but you've not ridden the Klein properly yet so theirs only one thing you've got to do and it's very very very important to do which is "YETi" "YETi""YETi""YETi" as you know you really want to "please" ;) ...

Cheers for the compliments guys, she's been a pleasure to work on.

Definitely up for a Marin Team bike ride sometime at Bedgbury, a good group retro ride would be great too :)

Ian I don't think my colleagues bike has been used for a couple of years so it'll get stripped, cleaned and polished with all mechanicals gone over, but yes I must complete the Yeti soon!

Re: Re:

Dossa":2ylq5yzw said:
Fantastic looking bike, Tim :cool:

Those decals in particular look great, really stand out.

Cheers mate, I made a bit of a cock up on the decals, they should be fluoro yellow like the NOS stem has, I'm happy with them though so no plans to change.

Minifreak":2g9hb6rb said:
Ian I don't think my colleagues bike has been used for a couple of years so it'll get stripped, cleaned and polished with all mechanicals gone over, but yes I must complete the Yeti soon!

Well that explains the flat looking paint finish then if that's the case then Tim and i had noticed the decals are rather pale looking to but still seem to be in fair condition otherwise but yes i kinda expected you to be giving your colleagues Marin a thorough going over and i know your pretty damn good at doing that so your colleague wil be well pleased when it's sorted ..

So how soon is soon for the Yeti as tomorrow would be nice ;) ..

Well I went around the local area to sort seat height etc and can back with another project ;)

Latest posts

Back