1992 Marin Team Issue rescue - Finshed pics on page 8

Re: 1992 Marin Team Issue rescue

So Gil_m has produced the goods again ;) , decals arrived today along with an XTR hub which I may use if I decide to re spoke the perfectly good XT hub'd wheel.

Flite arrived yesterday and is a 95 White label, signs of use but perfectly accettable for a rider.

Never mind buddy, it'll get used so best I don't use rare original tyres ;)

Re:

Can't fault Gil's decal sets!
Shame this came up now, a few weeks ago I had 2 pairs of the Marin rockstar Sierra folding tyres correct for this bike :facepalm:

Fork decals done, frame to do tomorrow. Off for a spot of dinner and cinema tonight :)

You may notice the bike came with smaller MARIN decal down the side of the legs (they'd also faded with time to an almost white colour), on searching the Internet for pics I found a few almost NOS looking 1992 Team Issues with the decals like this.

Very impressive indeed Tim as this yet again will look top quality when you've sorted it and those forks look so much better with the decals positioned down the front of the legs instead of the sides ;) ..

Muddy paw":u04yrdxt said:
Very impressive indeed Tim as this yet again will look top quality when you've sorted it and those forks look so much better with the decals positioned down the front of the legs instead of the sides ;) ..

Thanks buddy, hope your good today :)

Very nicely done! What did you use to polish the frame?

One of my favorite non Orange bikes, enjoying the restoration...you just know the end result is going to be good with this :) ! Is this wonderful bike a keeper Tim? ...

I used Brasso on the frame after a good degrease :) It's got patina but just the right amount.

I'm not sure if it's a keeper, depends on what bond forms on its first proper ride, my only current steel bike so may have to stay unless a Yo Eddy comes along.

Maybe we could have a Marin BOTM some time.

Back