so i started a bike shop. update 31/07/24

Hi Jon, long time no speak.

Just read through the whole thread, inspiring stuff, and I truly hope you get sorted.

Marcus x

ok, so a little update,

i'm in talks with the new landlord, credit check is in progress, so fingers crossed it all works out.

so i have a plan!

hopefully get the keys around the 1st of july, i will overlap the rent with my current unit by a month, the idea being that i will prep the new unit by getting slatwall fitted, got a mate to do that, then some electrical work done and the phone lines and internet fitted, hopefully this can all be done in the first 2 weeks of july, in the third week of july i intend to close on the wednesday, spend 2 days moving the shop to the new unit, then i leave for a week of holiday biking!! i will then return on sunday the 30th which gives me 2 days to clean the old unit and give the keys back and then prep the new unit to start work on tuesday the 1st of august.

so that's the plan!

but there's more, i'm thinking of having an opening day on saturday the 5th of august. and what i'd love to do is have a retro show and shine type thing, so i was wondering if any local forum members would like to come down, hang out, show off your bikes etc, i'll make sure there is beer from the local brewery (which is only a 2 minute walk from the new shop) as well as coke etc, the drink, not the powder!

i will be having a raffle for a bike, not sure what yet, runner up prizes and some Muc-off promotional freebies.

thoughts?

You know I'll be there Jon!

He's in the holbury area. on the edge of the new forest, near calshot/Lepe beaches, and 10 mins from Beaulieu, so the family can have a great day out too...

:LOL::LOL:

@Guinessisgoodforyou well the current address is SO45 1UB, which is Blackfield on the edge of the New Forest, the new place will be a mile up the road as @My_Teenage_Self in Holbury, not sure of the postcode yet!

i think it could be fun, got a few friends who i have built some nice retro bikes for, my mate Phil just got a really nice San Andreas Mountain Cycle that is mint, he could bring that (god knows where he got that ;) ) then i built several konas and cannondales for my mate dave, let alone my fleet, so i was thinking if some of you popped down with some cool bikes we could have a bit of a laugh, couple of beers etc, should be a good day.

@Guinessisgoodforyou well the current address is SO45 1UB, which is Blackfield on the edge of the New Forest, the new place will be a mile up the road as @My_Teenage_Self in Holbury, not sure of the postcode yet!

i think it could be fun, got a few friends who i have built some nice retro bikes for, my mate Phil just got a really nice San Andreas Mountain Cycle that is mint, he could bring that (god knows where he got that ;) ) then i built several konas and cannondales for my mate dave, let alone my fleet, so i was thinking if some of you popped down with some cool bikes we could have a bit of a laugh, couple of beers etc, should be a good day.
I will tell my wife, sounds fun. You're about 50 miles west of us.

Back