so i started a bike shop. update 31/07/24

also got my first pair of the new Hope Pro 5 wheels, they are currently in my Orange 5, have to say i think they are really nice, the new freehub design is definitely tougher, that's aimed at E bikes.
hopepro5.jpg

another intersting build was a custom built Propain dirt jump build for a friend, Tom supplied the frame and fork and i built the rest, loads of Hope product on it and Tom sent these in use pics today

pp1.jpg

t1.jpg
t2.jpg

Wow, that Demon’s a fantastic bike. I’m just about to build something a bit older in titanium with older Record / Super Record (2014-style). Do you mind saying what you thought of the Bora One 35 wheels? They look a good depth (not too deep) in that frame. I’ve got my eye on a similar set.

@MatBH5 i have mixed opinions on that style of wheel, don't get me wrong, they are clearly a nice set of wheels, but the spoke pattern makes them a pain to true up, but to be be fair, they are road wheels and won't get the abuse that would be likely to bend them. they look nice, and they are light.

:cool: always good seeing Demon Frameworks frames. That copper frame you had is one of my favourite frames ever.

ok, the poo might have hit the fan.

the building i am in is being sold. i don't know what this means yet, but the whole site is worth 2.5 to 3 million, no one is gonna buy that other than a big property developer, all 7 companies on site are crapping it. i by no means have it the worst, there's a car sales that has been going 2 years, they are doing really well and have expanded in to one extra unit and taken on 2 new employees, then there is a builders merchant/window/conservatory company that has been there 25 years, both those 2 are gonna struggle finding somewhere. so i think i am not in as bad a position as them as they both need bigger premises than me.

i have looked around the entire area, there's not much available and what is available is not ideal for many reasons, lack of parking etc, too expensive. let alone the actual costs of moving.

currently i am not sure what is happening, we have been told that we will have at least a year once the sale has gone through. but currently we don't know who the potential buyer might be. i may have found a place, but i won't know for a month or so.

i am pretty gutted about it to be honest, but if the place i want is available it could be really cool.

this is an older pic, but i think the shop looks good, it'll be a shame to move.

shopfront.jpg

Back