My journey in retro MTBs since moving to Spain 2 months a go (3 bikes!)

The five year rule is a new one to me so I'm shure you will investigate further.

I expected the systems to be different but I find the rules to be difficult to say the least. When I first came here I paid less income tax than when in the UK, but now the reverse is true.

Any way I hope that you make the right decision.

If you have any questions I'd be glad to help out.

Taxes and more taxes it seems. Every time I look at something new they have a fee or tax for it.

Don’t they also have a tax yearly on assets/wealth ?

My main issue outside of all the bits of paperwork and various things to understand is that I’m not confident we could maintain the same lifestyle out in Spain as we do here.

Yes costs are lower but also wages. And as someone who is qualified in naff all that worries me.

My understanding of Permiso De Residencia is that you need to have lived there for 5 years on the temporary version first?

If im honest the Spanish rules , taxes and whole system makes my brain hurt so I try not to look yet.

We were married in Spain and from what I’ve learned that wil help me have residency. No doubt with a few euros to the right person will help.

Luckily my daughter has both passports so she can move around freely when she’s old enough.

The work situation is also another concern as I’ve no idea what I’d do over there.

Some links for the visas etc, but you have to translate. https://www.interior.gob.es/opencms/es/servicios-al-ciudadano/brexit/

To solve any doubts, you don´t have to pay anything obviously, you have to enter here and make an appointment near your area and they will solve all the doubts https://icp.administracionelectronica.gob.es/icpplustiem/index.html?mDes=N

Your daughter will help more than a local like me. I didn´t deal with that. You can find in youtube some expat that tells how they live here in Spain after Brexit.

If it is not for hollidays, it is hard to live outside your country. I have been living in Germany and Poland and .... nope. In winter it was hard time and I didn´t speak polish so ... I was completly alone in a grey and dark country (north, near Vistula lagoon and kaliningrad)

Latest posts

Back