Retro Animal Pro-Series Chronograph Watch W004

Aha! Thank you :)

It's slightly academic now (I've bought another watch).
I would kinda like to see it working properly again, though.

This what I wear every day. Bought back in the mid 90's still going strong.

Attachments

• Aug 10 006.JPG
    Aug 10 006.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 2,585
Had it apart, looks like one of the dial legs has detached, one is okay.

Rotated the internal ring thingy back to where it ought to be, and reassembled. Seems to be doing alright.

Dunno why Animal didn't just reply with "one of the dial legs is broken, would you like us to change the battery anyway?".

cornholio's RC200":2f1gsqls said:
I've got a W001 with glow face. The face of the watch glows but the hands and number markers don't. Never seen another like it. Will post a pic when I find it from my bedroom drawer.

I know this is an old thread, but I've got a glow face W001 on my wrist right now. They must be getting pretty rare these days.

Interestingly I have another older W001 watch (which also still works perfectly) but its physically smaller than my glow face one. Not much smaller and individually you don't notice the difference but side by side its a tiny bit smaller. I'll have to take a photo later

Anyone got the skinny on changing batteries?

Special tools, technique etc. . . . .

Or is sending them back to Animal the only real option?

Seeing this thread has made me dig up my old W003 with the orange face. Needs a strap and a battery though. At the mo I'm wearing my Citizen Eco-drive Titanium (with an Animal watch strap). It seems that Animal aren't the only company that has watch straps that disintegrate! :LOL:

IDB1":1ztu3pdr said:

pair of stiff snipe nose pliers got the back off & on mine, just try not to slip or squish the O-ring when putting the back back on.

Khane":2fhmv2hi said:
IDB1":2fhmv2hi said:

pair of stiff snipe nose pliers got the back off & on mine, just try not to slip or squish the O-ring when putting the back back on.

And it's still weatherproof??

dunno if i'd say weather proof but i've stepped into the shower with it on a couple of times and all seems well.

i did remember fairly quickly and take it off prior to actually showering though so i'd go with splash proof. :LOL:

Back