Retro Animal Pro-Series Chronograph Watch W004

Animal still service all their watches. I sent my W001 back to them about two years ago for a new battery, it wasn't expensive and it came back with a 12 month warranty.

I can get the mechanism for a couple of quid online. Just need to figure out how to remove the pin.

Handy having loads of bits of tweezers and magnifying glasses from railway modelling here. Heh.

Pin removed, hands removed, face removed, new movement ordered... Funny how I can change my mind in half a day. Will let you know if I get it working again.

My W001 with glow face

IMGP1838.jpg

Tallpaul":rt54j1wu said:
Animal still service all their watches. I sent my W001 back to them about two years ago for a new battery, it wasn't expensive and it came back with a 12 month warranty.
Quoted me £12.50 per watch to do a battery change..

With 4 that need doing, it'll have to wait.

Animal will maintain the waterproof seal which your local watch shop sometimes can't guarantee.
The straps don't take well to water, my old one ended up stinking of stagnent water.
With that in mind I just ordered batteries off Ebay and did my own.

My more modern watch is pictured below... £30 BNIB off Ebay a few years back. Nice looking for the cash.

Cornholio : I remember those glow in the dark ones, really nice watch! I think someone in the bike club I joined had one just like that.

I have a mild Animal obsession... Belt, combats, ruck sack, many t-shirts. They make some good kit.

Attachments

• IMGP4758.jpg
    IMGP4758.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 4,462
I used a some needlenose pliers :oops:

Wait, no, it was some pointed tweezers! Not the pliers.

Suspect there's a massively lower risk of stabbing yourself in the hands with the right tools!

Tallpaul":2uz43zge said:

Yeah, they've said they no longer have the parts needed to repair mine :(

I've just bought a cheapish W002 off ebay, which will do for a bit, but it's not really what I'm after.

I can see this ending up being a whole collection of Animal watches whilst I hunt for something I'm happy with :S

Right, so I have my W004 back now.

Animal said that the dial feet have broken - anyone sufficiently well versed in watches to know how repairable they are, and if so, how much I'd be looking at?

Latest posts

Back