Retro Animal Pro-Series Chronograph Watch W004

IDB1":ppwa16vy said:
Anyone got the skinny on changing batteries?

Special tools, technique etc. . . . .

Or is sending them back to Animal the only real option?
Got a pic of the watch back?

Khane":1ttwic4s said:
IDB1":1ttwic4s said:

pair of stiff snipe nose pliers got the back off & on mine, just try not to slip or squish the O-ring when putting the back back on.
You can get some small tubs of "grease" that jewelers or horologists use for sealing and locating seals for watch backs.

I'll have a look at mine to see what it really is, truth be told, doesn't look any different from plain old vaseline.

Neil":1oarzwy9 said:
IDB1":1oarzwy9 said:

2011-04-14%2023.04.06.jpg

IDB1":2214t7wd said:
Neil":2214t7wd said:
IDB1":2214t7wd said:

2011-04-14%2023.04.06.jpg
Screw on type.

I spotted comments earlier on in the thread about case opening tools - I have various - including the wrench type.

I actualy find something like this easier to use than the wrench type tools.

You can get the sticky ball ;-) type ones, too - but I've never had any real success with them.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Had this kinda thing lurking on my watchlist for ages..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Professional-Repa ... 614wt_1055

Just a bit concerned about effing it up, I really like the Animal watches and they're in ace condition.. that said, I don't have £60 to send (all 4 of) them off to Animal to have batteries replaced

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
IDB1":1txn36ir said:
Had this kinda thing lurking on my watchlist for ages..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Professional-Repa ... 614wt_1055

Just a bit concerned about effing it up, I really like the Animal watches and they're in ace condition.. that said, I don't have £60 to send (all 4 of) them off to Animal to have batteries replaced
I've got one of those wrenches, and one of the cheapo ones I linked to in my previous post (I've also got several other types, too).

I have to say, I find the wrench type more difficult to use, and more likely to snarl up the watch back, when it's screwed on really tightly. I find the cheapo, two prong ones easier for watch backs that are really stuck - but then that's just me, you may find the complete opposite.

This is a Swatch I have, It was given to the winners of the Grundigs in Plymouth. I won it in an auction after the presentations.

DSC00029.jpg

al. :D

andrewl":3agje58u said:
cornholio's RC200":3agje58u said:
I've got a W001 with glow face. The face of the watch glows but the hands and number markers don't. Never seen another like it. Will post a pic when I find it from my bedroom drawer.

I know this is an old thread, but I've got a glow face W001 on my wrist right now. They must be getting pretty rare these days.

Interestingly I have another older W001 watch (which also still works perfectly) but its physically smaller than my glow face one. Not much smaller and individually you don't notice the difference but side by side its a tiny bit smaller. I'll have to take a photo later

Yes I'd still be wearing mine (and do at festivals) but since my Mrs bought me my Speedmaster I've "had" to wear that instead :LOL: Although that now looks in a worse state than the Animal ever did...

I'm wondering though; is it healthy to have that much glowing material that close to you? What is it they use these days? Used to be radioactive stuff. Oh well I'm not gone yet so must be safe for the moment. Have noticed though that the 'light' is beginning to get a bit dimmer with age.

cornholio's RC200":2hphjrt8 said:
andrewl":2hphjrt8 said:
cornholio's RC200":2hphjrt8 said:
I've got a W001 with glow face. The face of the watch glows but the hands and number markers don't. Never seen another like it. Will post a pic when I find it from my bedroom drawer.

I know this is an old thread, but I've got a glow face W001 on my wrist right now. They must be getting pretty rare these days.

Interestingly I have another older W001 watch (which also still works perfectly) but its physically smaller than my glow face one. Not much smaller and individually you don't notice the difference but side by side its a tiny bit smaller. I'll have to take a photo later

Yes I'd still be wearing mine (and do at festivals) but since my Mrs bought me my Speedmaster I've "had" to wear that instead :LOL: Although that now looks in a worse state than the Animal ever did...

I'm wondering though; is it healthy to have that much glowing material that close to you? What is it they use these days? Used to be radioactive stuff. Oh well I'm not gone yet so must be safe for the moment. Have noticed though that the 'light' is beginning to get a bit dimmer with age.

by light do you mean the glow in the dark stuff on the hour markers & hands ? or do you mean actual light ?

coz the glow in the dark stuff as every boy should know can be recharged by holding it near a bright light for a few seconds.

Just found this thread so thought I'd add mine
280120062758.jpg

One on the right was bought about 92 and the other in 95 (I think)

Back