New British build - D.O.G.S. B.O.L.X. FINISHED Pics P7-8

Re: New British build - it's gonna be slow I think

Contemplating final details......

still waiting for/to fit;
Wheels 'n tyres, wheel QRs, seatpost, grips, chainring bolts, cassette and chain, steerer trimming, pedals.....cabling up. Still some choices to make (mainly re. the seatpost)

IMG_2688 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

looking great dude!!

is the steerer 1" or 1 1/8? ive a few shorter steerers that may be more useful than trimming one.......and i need longer ones haha ;)

Seatpost is a tricky one. Save me reading back over the whole thread; what are the options?
Red or silver perhaps?
EDIT: just read the previous page to fill in the blanks in my knowledge on the seatpost plan. I reckon silver with a red clamp would be awesome, but not sure that's even possible/achievable with an X-Lite? I know it could be achieved with a USE setup. (Just a thought.)

Looking forward to the finished article :cool:

Yep, either a Silver/red X-Lite, which I have on the way (that'll need a shim)

s-l1600 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Or a red X-Lite Clikon

product_357792 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

WP_20130227_017_zpsde123bb3 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

or possibly a red Moby (though that wouldn't be from UK)

Also need X-Lite or Hope QRs in red :)

regan_ev":3p1gy3xu said:
Seatpost is a tricky one. Save me reading back over the whole thread; what are the options?
Red or silver perhaps?

Thanks - Steerer is 1 1/8, bought new from Pace

longun":1p022o0y said:
looking great dude!!

is the steerer 1" or 1 1/8? ive a few shorter steerers that may be more useful than trimming one.......and i need longer ones haha ;)

First one Alec. Get the correct shim because that X-Lite in silver with red clamp and that Union Jack flag is MEANT for this build! :cool:

regan_ev":m46ctitd said:
First one Alec. Get the correct shim because that X-Lite in silver with red clamp and that Union Jack flag is MEANT for this build! :cool:

You mean like this Regan?

IMG_2692 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Still need to trim the shim, due to the top of the seat-tube being scalloped

That's exactly what I mean Alec. The silver matches the chainset, wheel and fork crown and carries it through the bike, and the red ties in with the stem and barends perfectly.

It's a perfect seatpost in my opinion. You've chosen such a good bunch of components for this build :cool:

Bollox64":39zgbe7d said:
regan_ev":39zgbe7d said:

You mean like this Regan?

IMG_2692 by Bollox2u, on Flickr

Still need to trim the shim, due to the top of the seat-tube being scalloped

Back