40’s Schwinn DX klunker Build?

I still think a 3 speed IGH makes better sense. Bombproof, versatile. Won't have to weld disc tabs or do much respacing (with some older Torpedo dreigang or SA you'd have to do none at all)

Looking at some Huskvarna TE 610 E
View attachment 759287
I use Honda after market bars. Around $25. Moose makes similar bars for under $30. They’re 7/8 so you need a Problem Solvers shim. They’re soft aluminum so they really grip well. That‘s what the Breezer 1 used on the German motorcycle bars he used as did some of the early klunker riders. IMG_3974.jpeg
This is how they attached a quill stem back then to this kind of bar. I’ve done this many times without any breaking while riding, on both steel and alloy stems. These Turner bars were around $25 on sale but I don’t think they make this style anymore. IMG_3975.jpeg IMG_3976.jpeg IMG_3977.jpeg IMG_3978.jpeg IMG_3979.jpeg IMG_3980.jpeg

Last edited:
I use Honda after market bars. Around $25. Moose makes similar bars for under $30. They’re 7/8 so you need a Problem Solvers shim. They’re soft aluminum so they really grip well. That‘s what the Breezer 1 used on the German motorcycle bars he used as did some of the early klunker riders.View attachment 759841
This is how they attached a quill stem back then to this kind of bar. I’ve done this many times without any breaking while riding, on both steel and alloy stems. These Turner bars were around $25 on sale but I don’t think they make this style anymore.View attachment 759842View attachment 759843View attachment 759844View attachment 759845View attachment 759846View attachment 759847
Ooh thanks I will look these up and see what I can find.

Back