Wanted Original Light Pink Elite Bottle Cage Wanted

Riverman

Retro Newbie
Hello
Wondering if anyone has a spare original 80’s/90’s (proper) Light Pink coloured elite bottle cage in very good condition that they are willing to part with? ‘Proper’ original Light Pink (as per photo attached) - not red and white where UV has faded the red to look pink (as per one on eBay). If anyone has one to sell can you please PM me? Thank you.
IMG_3281.png

Hi, I have one, not quite as good condition as the one in the pic, but very respectable all the same. Will sort some pics. Am in Spain so postage to the UK will be quite a bit, will need to check. If you're not in a rush then I can bring and post within the UK next time I'm back (not sure when, maybe October)

Hi, I have one, not quite as good condition as the one in the pic, but very respectable all the same. Will sort some pics. Am in Spain so postage to the UK will be quite a bit, will need to check. If you're not in a rush then I can bring and post within the UK next time I'm back (not sure when, maybe October)

Hello
Thank you Foz. At this point, in the absence of other alternatives, a few pics at your leisure would be much appreciated to consider it. Absolutely no rush for the pics or bottle cage. But I’m looking for one that is definitely an original light pink one (and not a faded red one) to match up with a pink one and a few pink graphics on the old MTB. Thank you.
Ps: I’m new to this wonderful Forum: how does one ‘PM’ someone here? I’ve looked and can’t work it out.

Here you go. Definitely original pink, not faded red. The white bits have yellowed and been painted white again by someone (not me!), these could be changed out from another cage, or paint removed and then bleached? there is some paint on the pink parts but this will come off. There is one section of pink missing at the centre - I imagine nail varnish would hide that well enough? So not mint at all, but with potential to be somewhere close to very decent with some work! Sorry, photos taken with flash so maybe not the best

If new then you need a certain amount of posts before you can pm

IMG_20240923_204242.jpg IMG_20240923_204251.jpg IMG_20240923_204323.jpg IMG_20240923_204302.jpg

Hello Foz
I greatly appreciate the photos and description: Thank you very much.
Yes: clearly genuine pink.
Condition is food for thought: unsure … more ‘work’ than I’d hoped for.
May I think about it please?
I’d have to completely swop-out the white brackets rather than try restoring them I think. But I will have a think if that’s okay, Foz?
Regards
Thanks re enquiry about PM’s. Understood.

Back