What price to pay for a good chromoly GT frame like Avalanche, Bravado or Karakoram?

Looks ace.

I’d go with a slightly less upright stem though purely for aesthetic
Recently acquired an different stem for my Bravado, also a new seatpost, saddle and seat clamp.
Still have more parts to find.

Attachments

• 20240923_145424.jpg
    20240923_145424.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240923_145142.jpg
    20240923_145142.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 5
Still on the look out for for other parts, but money's a bit tight atm. However I am in two minds whether I should put my XT Thumbshifters and matching brake levers, or try to locate a nice set of Shimano Deore XT MO-95 shifters/levers combo, as they were fitted originally according the catalogue specs, if I am not mistaken.
Other parts yet to find and buy are the BB, chainset, cassette, chain and cables.
For the cables I am hoping to get blue outer casing, like Jagwire, unless someone can make better recommendations.
Hope you enjoy the progress so far?
I can't wait to get this bike on the road soon!

Still on the look out for for other parts, but money's a bit tight atm. However I am in two minds whether I should put my XT Thumbshifters and matching brake levers, or try to locate a nice set of Shimano Deore XT MO-95 shifters/levers combo, as they were fitted originally according the catalogue specs, if I am not mistaken.
Other parts yet to find and buy are the BB, chainset, cassette, chain and cables.
For the cables I am hoping to get blue outer casing, like Jagwire, unless someone can make better recommendations.
Hope you enjoy the progress so far?
I can't wait to get this bike on the road soon!
I'd go with the thumbies, they'd count as an upgrade

I'd go with the thumbies, they'd count as an upgrade
It is going to be the cheaper option as I already have XT thumbies (freebie from my volunteer workshop, ended up in the bin and was lucky to snatch them before disappearing in the big waste bin!)
The wheels as in the photos were also from the same workshop, I paid a tenner for the wheels! XT hubs laced to Mavic rims.

Reactions: R-V
It is going to be the cheaper option as I already have XT thumbies (freebie from my volunteer workshop, ended up in the bin and was lucky to snatch them before disappearing in the big waste bin!)
The wheels as in the photos were also from the same workshop, I paid a tenner for the wheels! XT hubs laced to Mavic rims.
Yeah i kept that in mind when suggested the thumbies, also i think they are superior.

Back