What is your experience with a repainted Klein Frame!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's a scamming bullying tactic Pete as it's been mentioned the partial refund has been agreed on.

I do feel it's more about quality of a job that most agree is not a cheap one in the first place.

Yes jacks lack of pics is puzzling but so is Jons lack of input????

Don't get me wrong..I would personally still talk to jon first should I want a Klein painted..but as mentioned..I would now after this thread...be asking ..where do we stand if things go wrong?

For me this is about something any customer should be asking even more so when a large amount of money and high expectations are being sought

pete_mcc":2htx1rnu said:
sylus":2htx1rnu said:
I must admit Jack given this is the second thread from you on this matter and despite many requests for the pictures of the alledged imperfections I'm puzzled why you still haven't posted any?

Got to say it strikes me that this is a scamming, bully boy buyer wanting money off a purchase after the event. Two threads in and nothing, yet he has 10 high resolution photos somewhere.... He's already got money off a reasonably priced, secondhand, resprayed Klein but seems keen for more and wants to bring his dispute into the open to harass the seller out of even more money. Fortunately most on here won't be fooled that easily.

If you want a perfect, dream Klein with original Klein decals and paint then find a NOS Klein and pay NOS Klein prices - there are guys out there that do that and their bikes are stunning, but then their pay checks also have to be.

If you want somebody to take your used, chipped, faded, dented, tired and tatty, 20 year old Klein and breath new life into it then Jon is the guy. He takes pride in his work, he works with the customer, he talks people through the process, he talks to the old painters so that he can best understand the techniques and colours.
He sent photos at every step showing each of the colours he would use, how each would then work with the other, he even sent me test card photos so that I could see the exact effect. He sorted out bearings, he sorted out holes and dents in the wafer thin alloy and created a bike that looks stunning.

There is a reason why Jon has a long waiting list of repeat customers wanting him to paint their old bikes and that is because they know and trust him, know and value his work and like him as an honest and upstanding guy.
If I was going to believe one side of this story I know exactly who I'd stand behind.

Thanks for calling me a bully boy buyer. So Mr. Pete MCC if you don't know all the facts, why start bulling yourself...

Even before I bought this frame fron Jon, I was already in contact with Jon for a respray for my Klein Rascal. I also went on the waiting list, I had to wait 1 year before he could paint the frame. So I keep saying, Jon was the man for the repaint. Ýou also have to understand I didn't want the refund, I wanted that Jon would take the frame back and fix the minor issues instead I immediately received a refund offer, so it's easy for you to say that I'm in for getting money.
Sorry Sir, I had spent almost 1000 pounds for this frame/fork. So you may expect something. Also the Frame/Fork where very well packed by Jon, so this couldn't be postage damage.

Sylus, I have tried first by mail, then I even tried by phone.

Sorry I don't now how to get the pictures in but they are in my map pictures on this site.

If somebody could explain to me.

Kind regards,

Jack

Pretty soon my MC2 will get back from the paint shop from etoe.
It will be in sea&sky, pretyy hard color I believe. Let's see how it will match my sea&sky adroit.....
I will post pictures as soon as the MC2 has arrived.

Jack ya silly arse...why didn't you say the pics were in your gallery :LOL:

Thanks for pointing it out Reki

some bits look like transport damage for whatever reason and the other parts....I have to say I wouldn't be overly happy.

Jack you mentioned you have found another painter to correct the issues....Looking forward ...when have you got the repaint planned?

Sylus,

No, I have to say, Jon packed the hole frame in foam, nothing else a perfect carton bike box and foam. So perfect job. Also when the box arrived it had no damages, still have it in my garage.
I even took a white blanket and turned the box around on the blanket, to see if there where paint chips in the box. But nothing.

My local painter, will try to fix the chip spots, but you will always see it. For the rest he can't do anything about the dust/dirt, drip etc..
But as I already mentioned in a previous topic, my local painter was very impressed by the colours and the paint scheme. He isn't able to do a Klein Frame repaint as he doesn't have the correct colours, decals and how to start the paint scheme. So that was partly for me the reason to start this topic to see, who are the other Klein painters.

So I hope to get the frame back, next week.

Jack

I'm surprised no one mentioned Martin1 from Germany I think.
His colour matching on Klein Attitude is unforgetable to me.
He started as a bit joker wanted to help with repair of damaged frame.

I have no experience, I've only ever bought mint Kleins with perfect factory paint.

half an hour bombing down your local favourite course and the gravel rash will soon even-up your paint woes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back