Today's Ride

The drivetrain on that Raleigh puts my teeth on edge... I've found chains sitting in barns for sixty years that were better shape than that

Where is that 20% hill Dorset Boy?

Got a few good hills near me. Gold Hill, Zig-Zag, all the sharp hills up on to the ridge at Cucklington. You can make very belgian classic-esque routes in parts of Dorset. Shame there aren't more cobbles!

I haven't been that far locally, since all the rain, but out Henstridge way must be an inland sea!

That is Okeford Hill,i did'nt dance on the pedals up it i grovelled ! Climbed it in 34 x 21 after 27 miles. Todber is as far north as i went today,had to ride on a very mucky trailway for some of it because of the flooded roads :(
View attachment 809026

34x21! Good grief!

Anyhow; Thank you for the info. The next time i do the old railway line i will ride that way round to Blandford Forum and head back on the flat!
Was the mucky trailway you mention the old railway line? That is called The Trailway isn't it? . I went up and back on that, back in november i think, and got plastered in muck. Drivetrain got an absolute hammering on that ride from all the wet sandy stuff.
It can get a bit busy with dog walking morons and hammering it is risky, here and there, but i do like it.
Planning some routes to take in the East Somerset Railway, for steam, and the two quarries up that way for some modern locos shuffling wagons around. Probably wait until summer for those so i can actually stand and watch for a bit, in the sun. That is if you haven't broken it by then, with your rocks!

Back