1989 (i think) Muddy Fox Seeker! the prodigal bike returns!

Pretty annoying about the decals. Personally I prefer the older ones that they have fitted, but 100% understand you must be pretty annoyed (stronger words may be more appropriate!) because that was the year/model/design that you loved all then years ago. Awesome paint though and it’s gonna’ look amazing built up. 😎😍

got more done last night, it's finished in the sense of i can ride it, and having had a car park blast i'd actually sday it rides nice, certainly nicer/more comfortable than my Courier Comp, i think it's the stem position being a little less head down!

gears work fine, have fitted a basic sunrace freewheel to replace the old shimano one, new chain, got a nicer condition chainset and fitted a sealed BB, the mechs/shifters are original but new cables fitted. brake wise i have used the original brakes and levers but with new cables. i have fitted V brake pads, i had actually got some U brake pads but the V pads fitted better with the new rims and to be fair they work pretty well! i fitted Oury grips because i thought they match quite well and the pink pedals are not likely to stay as i had them on the bench so i thought i'd stick them on, they are Pembree pedals so not cheap at £130 a pair, they'll do for the moment.

i'm really pleased with it, i would have preferred the proper stickers but i'm not bothered by it.

:)

mf1.jpg

mf2.jpg

mf3.jpg

mf4.jpg

mf5.jpg

mf6.jpg

mf7.jpg

mf8.jpg

mf9.jpg

As an early Fox owner (similar story on having mine pinched too - see thread in signature) I can relate to wanting to find and revive one :)
Great paint job! 🤩 - who did it?
Damn shame about the decals!

It's all good except..... I assume you're going to address the seatpost and saddle...?

(the decals would bug the S**T out of me as they totally change the character of the frame.)

Latest posts

Back