The Phantom returns...

Re: The Phantom returns - formally 'Evening all...'

As the refreshing of the old girl continues, I came across these bad boys a cupboard. Just need to find a pic of me on the bike with them on now...

My wife thought they were joke glasses!
2I9eOif.jpg

So finally got out for a proper ride.
Bikes running fine, just need new cables to bed in I think.

Riding something this old feels a bit like getting a classic car out for the weekend, especially when you see it next to everything else out there these days.

fTRNep7.jpg

Re:

I am loving the frame colour scheme, best looking paint job I have seen for a very long time.

Cheers - amazed how popular it is tbh.

Silver 987's going on next - front only as I rather like Pederson SE's on the back.
After that a nice silver seatpost and if I ever find what I want a stem.

It's bloody great being out on it again though.

D.

That pretty much pi55es over everything out there, old, new or somewhere in between

Outstanding

Cheers, don't know what to say. I must have had a rare moment of clarity when I was younger and ordering it.

An inspired colourway. I don't automatically think of Roberts as one of the great cycle frame colourists and the graphics have often been weak. The same could be said of Yates, Goff and most of the custom-build shops - I guess showroom image isn't their priority - so if and when it does come together then they're even more special now.

It would be good to do a paintwork poll someday, we've had some good ones through these doors recently....

A paintwork poll is a great idea- I'm in.

Incidentally, Chas obviously did all the hard work, but the colours are all mine.

After another ride today I think I might look at refreshing the block and chain. They've both been on 20 yrs!!!
So what are the decent options - I'm well out of the loop on such things.

Mavic hubs, so it's screw on block only, and 7 speed, like the outgoing Sachs(I think).

Any suggestions greatly received.

Back