Show us what you did today, thread

Re: Re:

RobMac":17wtbqlk said:
:shock: Its no like you to buy hubs/hub spares.

Im chatting to the mechanic and just looked around to see them tucked in next to the till :shock: NOT the thing you expect to see in Helfrauds thats for sure.
An inquiry was made,money changed hands and i went away exceptionally happy. Ive stripped them right down and theres no cracks thankfully and all the internals are in really good order.

If it wasnt this i'd only buy tools i dont need, machinery i do need and exotic timbers i cant afford :LOL:

Part of it is accepting you have a serious problem Rob
Then accepting that as fine. ;)

Re:

OK since we're laying our cards on the table :oops:

Im sitting here skint due to road tax & insurance landing on the same month
AND Im attending at "least" 3 Origami classes a week dotted all over the east coast
I need more pay :?

AND of course there's the all consuming "Retro Habit" :?

Origami Rob ? :cool: Any examples yet ?

Road tax&insurance ?- Sorry bud, no sympathy for polluters of the Earth

dyna-ti":20i6exvc said:
Origami Rob ? :cool: Any examples yet ?

Road tax&insurance ?- Sorry bud, no sympathy for polluters of the Earth

Sorry not paper folding but people folding, Aikido & Jiu-jitsu.

At the moment Im doing my 40 mile commute to work 50/50 car/bike so I am trying.
So go cut down some more trees Eco Warrior :mrgreen:

Re:

Posted this in the Fatbike Macretro section but thought I'd put it here for those that dont go into that door ;)

I got out this afternoon for a few miles round Dunnett head following the fire breaks and sheep tracks around the cliffs. A lot of climbing, a good bit of descending, a huge storm shower as well as a few sections that were very close to the edge. Unfortunately my camera batteries kept dying and shutting down but got a few pics. The cliffs were full of turns, razorbills, skuas and the remaining scatterings of Puffins. A nice ride.

Jamie

Long way down

Nice day out Jamie ,Certainly dry and thats the main thing. Hope it wasnt too hot though, i was riding in this the other day and struggling to breath.

Im not hassling you on the Dawes, i just want it gone and this is the time that many of you all ride together more so hoped it could have been transferred by someone in Glasgow or surrounding to you.

Back up to Dunnett Head this morning, inspired by Bruce, aka Coastkid from the Fatbike Forums blog, though only had a tight schedule as Heather was working this afternoon.
After a fair bit of rain this morning my window for ride was narrowing and ended up only out for just over an hour and a half. Originally wanted to do the west side this time but due to limited time this was left for a later date as it will take a good afternoon at least. Went along a different access to the cliffs and took a few pics on the way, then back up to the lighthouse, through the bunkers, then down the singletrack and round the lochs.
A few pics and a couple of short vids, and yes, they are some high cliffs.
Thought I'd share and hope everyone else had a good ride out this weekend

Jamie

http://vimeo.com/98857044

http://vimeo.com/98864953

Re:

Hi Rob
The second clip of the singletrack is Luka Bloom, acoustic motorbike
The first one on the cliffs is Joan Baez, Edge Of Glory
Both I thought were appropriate.
Highlandsflyer, your a brave man, though I can see the attraction of climbing them I certainly wouldn't want to absail them.
In the first clip on the cliffs the video doesn't do the height justice and near the end it pans over the water and you see something on the water to the right, this is a decent sized fishing boat. It is magic though to lie on the edge and watch the birds around and below coming and going.
There was a gentleman taking pictures last night round near the lighthouse carpark of the birds on the cliffs to the north. He was taking them from the fenced path which was at least 200 metres from the nearest birds. I told him to go up over the hill, look for two posts stuck in the ground near the cliffs, follow the sheep tracks to them then turn round and look back along the northern cliff. The Puffins were about 20 metres away and the Skuas come floating up the cliff face about 2 metres away casually looking you in the eye as they pass. I'm sure they're laughing, saying 'come on just reach out, you can do it, just one more step' just to watch you fall to your death.

Jamie

Back