Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

That sucks big time fat arse.... Oops did I type that out loud? In all seriousness that does blow, that was a cracking bike.

zigzag":3an1hzch said:
Killed the Moho tonight...

Yes, I know. No need to say it :oops:

Not totally dead.

Just Araldite the whole thing together with the seatpost at the correct height and you can still use it at the expense of a non removable seatpost.

Re:

Im sure I could modify/adapt a seat post, turn it into a quill stem BUT still add a bolted collier to stop it slipping down into the seat tube :?

Re: Re:

RobMac":2bsga004 said:
Im sure I could modify/adapt a seat post, turn it into a quill stem BUT still add a bolted collier to stop it slipping down into the seat tube :?

Sounds like a goer to me :?
Horrible to lose it but the damage could be worse :? Sounds odd doesnt it. But Robs suggestion or at least something longer that could even be held and prevented from turning using the bottle bolt holes :?

Something like a brompton seatpost :?

Re: Re:

dyna-ti":31ruijfl said:
something longer that could even be held and prevented from turning using the bottle bolt holes :?

Good idea Andy but the Moho frame doesn't lend its self to doing that (see the seat tube). :?

Find the seatpost diameter tube with an internal diameter that corresponds to a thinner seatpost.
Put wider tube in with araldite and possibly pop rivets which can be filed flat and painted over and drill and cut top of this tube to match seatcollar clamp then fit new thinner post. Might not be possible of course but seatposts down to BMX gauge 22.2mm exist to fit inside another tube.

Back