Show us what you did today, thread

:D

Looking good K - is that the forks off the KHS?

Those lightweight black Ritchey forks would look good too. Roller-cam u-brake, or good old XT?

zigzag":2xel9465 said:
:D

Looking good K - is that the forks off the KHS?

Those lightweight black Ritchey forks would look good too. Roller-cam u-brake, or good old XT?

naw they're FAT unicrowns, will be going full XT including the U brake.

I'll maybe keep the Ritcheys for summat else......... ;)

IMG_20120415_213009.jpg

Haven't done anything on the bike in an age.
Had planned to get out on it a good bit the tail-end of last year but the current job has really eaten into life time-wise. Ended up just using it to get from A-B, not taking care of it!
Contract is up in a month though, so figure I better get sorted out!
The Box One had never been fully dismantled ever, figure I'd start that out this afternoon.
Still the original BB (with 13 years of crud in it...) That'll need removed then frame can be properly cleaned.

In 2 minds what to do, build it back up over next few weeks. Or get rid and find a cheap hard tail frame/front suspension forks...
After trying out the GFs Carrera Vulcan, I'd realised just how much easier hills can be! :(

Build it back up and ride Emlyn, and get yourself along to big.eck and Enid's next downhill outing. And mind, big.eck's never met a DH frame he didnae want to buy, so you could be quids in if you fancy selling it :D

It'd be the easier way to go I think. Although I'd prefer a different front fork and wouldn't mind a light rear shock with lock-out.
Haven't seen too many hills recently, and when I have, I'm going the wrong way on them. :D

Will need to service the Magura rim brakes if putting them back on this, anyone got experience with this? Am I looking at a lot of foul language, whilst brakes spew oil all over the house?

Back