Please help - 2002 Shimano Deore LX Rapidfire SL

When you say ‘in the way’ and needs to ‘move down’ is the chain rubbing on the side of the chain or the top?
The side initially. But then finagled some things and now it's not rubbing, but now the teeth and the cage are more than 5 mm apart when it should be around 1-3 mm. Almost 90% sure I'm going to switch out to a clamp style at this point. Will post back on the forum how it goes. Will try some of the previous suggestions first. If it doesn't work, then clamp it is! 😅

Out of curiosity I had a look anyway and all are adjustable in two positions from LX to XTR via a little 'flip chip' and two position mounting bolt slot arrangement.

PXL_20241001_214458297.jpg

Left to right: LX 569, LX MEGA 9, XT M739, XT M739, XTR M950.

Useful to know for sure. My question would be does the frame have the tab to mount the e-type? I asked a question recently as was considering one for a build and the advice I got was the mech needs to be mounted to the frame as well as the BB, assume to stop it rotating and to stop it flapping when shifting, hence the securing via the frame mount?

I've never had one so only going by advice received. Makes me wonder what the point of this type of mech was for really.

Pretty sure the E type was to accommodated full suspension frames where pivots were seat tube used to be. Or just to make it harder for us dum bass bike mechanics to adjust stuff wrong…. They work well but should be anchored to something on the frame in addition to the bb.

This bike REQUIRES e type, so OP if you have stock chainring sizes and bottom bracket spindle dimensions it should work.

Latest posts

Back