Show us what you did today, thread

firedfromthecircus":3qjz9x73 said:
I assume it's no ideal for a novice skipper then Jimi?
Wouldn't want that rapping me across the shins. Worse than a beartrap. :LOL:

Actualy the lighter wire speed rope is worse, cant get the big rope fast enough to do any damage, the rope usually just hits your trainers when you miss time anyway, the speed rope caught me on the shoulder once, that stung a bit :LOL:

jimihendrix":247tzw1a said:
"A run round the block", you live in a cave then ? :LOL:

Seriously, nice job :cool: , is that your first single speed ?

Cheers. Yeah, first single speed (apart from BMX's). Feels nice on the little ride I have had so far.

As for the cave thing, the wife often accuses me of being a neanderthal so maybes aye. :LOL:

The Ken":2ni62v0s said:
Looks good baron, where is that?

I did a 13mile mostly off road run with mini and ultraminiken, good trails but the single track was spoiled by jakeys on mx bikes, after they shot past us the kids got a little nervous about going for it. After today I've decided pitmedden will be too hard for the little one, his wee wheels kept getting stuck between the roots so he really struggled at times.

No training this weekend so Tuesday night will hopefully be a 40miler ....if I can get back from my road run quick enough to start the MTB one.

Doing some essential Mtb maintainence tonight to try and sort the seizing front calliper I have. And to grease my pedals and bottom bracket, hopefully don't need new bearings quite yet but might be safer replacing them before torridon.
Glen Trool on the green torr route.

Baron von Trumpen Bottom":14uf2sp7 said:
Ok they were taken yesterday,
528849_10150705861403685_697188684_9385847_638621649_n.jpg

457220_10150705542448685_697188684_9384277_338986483_o.jpg

Smashing.
Looks like the good weather is back.I really must make use of it to put some miles in

I see in Argos they have a computer reduced from £30 to £20 Heart rate monitor included.
Im going to nip down late tomorrow afternoon and pick one up.
Easier to increase the mileage if you know how many you're putting in each time ;) :D
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... tsid:11527
Anyone got one of these ?

Smartphone (if you have one) + Google Mytracks = free.

Not a big fan of budget heart monitors after wasting money on the useless lidl
one. Polar all the way.

firedfromthecircus":2w3a4h4m said:

I finally got the M2 into a semi ride-able state today so had to give it a wee whirl around the block to test it out. :cool:

IMGP0070.jpg

Still a few wee bits to do (fit back brake, saddle angle, stem height) but should be done soon. :D
Braw, love the late '90s Stumpies.

Big ring and slicks? Will you be using it for bumping around town?

zigzag":slnw9vqx said:
firedfromthecircus":slnw9vqx said:

I finally got the M2 into a semi ride-able state today so had to give it a wee whirl around the block to test it out. :cool:

IMGP0070.jpg

Still a few wee bits to do (fit back brake, saddle angle, stem height) but should be done soon. :D
Braw, love the late '90s Stumpies.

Big ring and slicks? Will you be using it for bumping around town?

Cheers ZZ. :D
Country roads and tracks rather than town, seein' as I don't live in one. :LOL:
The Conti Avenues are going to give way to Michelin Country Rocks shortly to make hardpack an option and also as the Contis have sadly seen their best days go by. :cry:

Put wheels on the FAT to get an idea of the sizing. Even with a bit of quill and an extra spacer in the headset the front end is still quite racey! Feels nice when I'm hovering on it at the stairs. These are the wheels that will be used but I'll be changing the tyres for something more appropriate.

7068860651_a1e97a1e29_c.jpg

Back