Riding Rigid

yo-eddy said:
[nice steel forks on the TRIMBLE though ;) .... and a steel stem comin´ soon huh :roll:

stem 'missing' in the mail system :evil: :cry: :cry:
got alloy forks on one frame but steel on the offers with hope stems

I ride my King Kahuna SS rigid all the time. Only just recently tried it with a Fox fork. Very comfy ride, so let's not forget ti as well as steel is forgiving. ;) It can still get bumpy over roots, but a ti fork, stem, bars, seatpost, BB, saddle rails and pedals asborbs a whole lot of bump.

All fully rigid here, as above it depends to a great extent on where you ride and any sus is not needed on the trails I go on.

Oh, and if you ride a cross bike for a bit Conti 1.5's feel really comfortable by comparison

Bigger tyre up front - rode that way for years and years.

Until I could afford suspension that is.

Where I live, most of the offroading can be done on my cross bike though....

I was happy riding my rigid SS Kili Flyer with a 2.1 (modern) Weirwolf up front then I changed it to an old Dart 2.1 and there was such a huge improvement!!

Max P":usgory6o said:
Thin tyres are a huge performance compromise - try fat at least...

Clearly someone who's never experienced the way that skinny tyres can bite down through seemingly bottomless mud and somehow find grip where fat tyres just float and spin uselessly ;-)

Having said that, my normal fit is nice fat tyres front and rear on my fully rigid Kona...

Fair point - guess I was thinking of current conditions, ie dry/summer - for most of us hopefully. :)

Downhill Messiah!

Yo Messiah, that looks cool! And it would have made a nice faceplant for this rider I think, suspended or not. I haven't had a suspension fork since my 1st gen SID gave up on me, and I haven't really given it much thought. BUT it does limit your options. It's allmost a different sport, but true happiness lies in tackling whatever it is with what you've got. Oooh, that's allmost a true Zen saying. Enough now.
:D

Back