Retrobike Touring.

Sleep mats are definitely in the category of 'light/strong/cheap - pick two'. Also like saddles, you have to buy what works for you.
I've an inflatable Mountain Equipment one that works well, but for the rest of the time a 3/4 length foam Karrimat from about 1980 serves.
Clearly pitching on lush grass is much better than bare ground.

Last edited:
Anyone do hiking as well as cycle touring?

I've been talked into a multi day hike and need a shortlist of small lightweight tents, less than 2 kg ideally nearer 1.5 kgs and not super expensive. I'm compact so not looking for too much comfort, porch space.

My mate has a Wolfskin Gossamer I'd I remember, he says it's a few years old but would recommend them.

Any others I should check out.

Thanks

Not cheap I know, but if you think you will get plenty of use out of it then worth the investment:

I bought one about 5 years ago (at trade price!) and it is so good, just the right size, taller than most tiny tents so you can manouvre a bit and not get claustrophobic and so easy to pitch, and super light.

I've been talked into a multi day hike and need a shortlist of small lightweight tents, less than 2 kg ideally nearer 1.5 kgs and not super expensive. I'm compact so not looking for too much comfort, porch space.
Any others I should check out.
I have a Robens Arrowhead. Weighs somewhere around 1.5-1.8kg depending on which website you look at, and cost less than £90.

Back