Pleasant unexpected find - 1990 Zolatone Team Marin

Spent 2 hours with this in bits trying to get it to work. Realised all I had originally needed to do was tighten one little screw!!!!

Thanks Ghosty :)

Bit more progress, not long to go now. Tomorrow I'll get the cabling finished and chain on.

Waiting for Ritchey tan walls and XT pedals.

Shame bars were cut down but guess that was the fashion back then, certainly remember cutting mine down too :roll:

Re: Re:

Minifreak":a70av2dp said:
MatBH5":a70av2dp said:
Enjoying this thread. As someone mentioned earlier, a restoration maintaining a bit of patina is my favourite too, I think. If you find those paints, please let me know as the yellow looks similar to some I could use on my '89 Clockwork.

Found them on Amazon, going to cost more for the set than I paid for the bike :LOL: They may sell the singularly though somewhere.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Testor-Corp-913 ... B0006O5F4G

I only need a drop of the right/ a close colour so still looking for nail varnish.

Well maybe a bit of clear over the top will help protect it when you've done your nails erm ! i mean bike parts ;) ..

Minifreak":1rodnyk4 said:
Thanks Ghosty :)

Bit more progress, not long to go now. Tomorrow I'll get the cabling finished and chain on.

Waiting for Ritchey tan walls and XT pedals.

Shame bars were cut down but guess that was the fashion back then, certainly remember cutting mine down too :roll:

Looks great and i'm sure my old Tapanga wasn't far off the same colouring mm oh well at least you've got the better bike imho ;) ..

I remember cutting my bars down to the width of my shoulders back bitd ( 19 inches ) which made for really quick steering :facepalm: :LOL: ..

Thanks Muddy paw, I love the colour too. Who says pink and nail varnish is for girls?!

I don't usually have my bikes in the bedroom but this is the brightest room in the house at night with all the white. Mrs wasn't happy when she walked in :facepalm:

Minifreak":11jdhbcc said:
Thanks Muddy paw, I love the colour too. Who says pink and nail varnish is for girls?!

I don't usually have my bikes in the bedroom but this is the brightest room in the house at night with all the white. Mrs wasn't happy when she walked in :facepalm:

Well i'm not a fan of pink but theirs just something about that pink with the grey that just looks spot on :cool: and i guess you've got some making up to the wife to do eh! :LOL: ..

Back