Pleasant unexpected find - 1990 Zolatone Team Marin

minor_LEGEND":bwjuhano said:
Brilliant. I love a resto rather than just throwing nos parts at something.
Time & effort.

+1

I'm loving how vibrant the pink is on the forks and stem/bar combo.I heard they ride really well.

player":mus10wrp said:
minor_LEGEND":mus10wrp said:
Brilliant. I love a resto rather than just throwing nos parts at something.
Time & effort.

+1

I'm loving how vibrant the pink is on the forks and stem/bar combo.I heard they ride really well.

Yeah it's still very bright, came up a treat with car polish. Think the purple clamp bolt is the finishing touch. If I can get something for the chips, they'll be back in place Monday.

If you need some touch-up paints, Testors make fluorescent enamels in the full range of Marin colours - individually or in a multi-pack.

Don't forget to apply an undercoat too.

Also, the guy who sprayed some fluorescent parts for me recently told me you get a brighter colour when the paint is applied in multiple thin coats, rather than one thick coat.

Check your local model shop, Amazon, Google etc.

Attachments

• 81qYcRV1xCL._SL1500_.jpg
    81qYcRV1xCL._SL1500_.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 418
Re:

Enjoying this thread. As someone mentioned earlier, a restoration maintaining a bit of patina is my favourite too, I think. If you find those paints, please let me know as the yellow looks similar to some I could use on my '89 Clockwork.

Re: Re:

MatBH5":31newr81 said:
Enjoying this thread. As someone mentioned earlier, a restoration maintaining a bit of patina is my favourite too, I think. If you find those paints, please let me know as the yellow looks similar to some I could use on my '89 Clockwork.

Found them on Amazon, going to cost more for the set than I paid for the bike :LOL: They may sell the singularly though somewhere.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Testor-Corp-913 ... B0006O5F4G

I only need a drop of the right/ a close colour so still looking for nail varnish.

Back