1990 GT Team Avalanche Restoration....hopefully...

More so back then the specs in catalogue or photographs in ads wasn't always what hit the shops. Agree I have seen it with a plain black laidback seat clamp as well as the inline Tioga which I have seen more commonly which also then matches the Tioga Prestige handlebars :cool:👌
I still have the bars too, but they took one for the Team (literally) in terms of rust... close up, they resemble the surface of Mars. I may still try and resurrect them, which is why I kept them :)

I still have the bars too, but they took one for the Team (literally) in terms of rust... close up, they resemble the surface of Mars. I may still try and resurrect them, which is why I kept them :)
Well Kept Phill! Don't throw away anything just in case! They'll clean up OK and will still be plenty robust being steel. And there's no doubt you'll do a grand job on the spraying. Just need to get a repro sticker if you wanted to get them back to the full original condition which is easier than recreating laser etched/pad printed/engraved logos many other brands use(d).

It would actually be quite hard to replicate due to debossed P & Prestige.

Impossible to photograph properly in a dark garage with lots of bikes in the way.

"WHO put all these bikes in the way anyway???" 🤣 IMG_8769.jpg

It would actually be quite hard to replicate due to debossed P & Prestige.

Impossible to photograph properly in a dark garage with lots of bikes in the way.

"WHO put all these bikes in the way anyway???" 🤣 View attachment 862866
Cool, thanks for taking a pic! There's actually some NOS ones on eBay in Germany at the moment... pricey with shipping, tax and import on top though!!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
NOS??? 😳 👀 🤣

NOS is a waste of time in my garage space. Everything gets battered by everything else. Good to know they are still out there!

It becomes personal. I often chat to the frames telling them that I will win in the end so you might as well play ball now 🤪
You too?
I thought I was the only "crazy" one who did it. My family wants to lock me in a psychiatric hospital... but I tell them it's true, the bicycles talk to me and of course, I answer them out of politeness.

That's good to know! I've seen pictures both with and without it... so wasn't sure
The Tioga in Prestige pipe is a very appropriate option.
I have a couple of favorites for the next project, but at the moment I most need to find one for my current Zaskar, a Controltech one of those with a welded head, with the "made in USA" decal. I wouldn't care in silver or black. Even if pink appeared at the right price I would buy it. But for now I hope it appears.

Back