Pleasant unexpected find - 1990 Zolatone Team Marin

Re:

That looks great and I hope my Pine Mountain comes out as well. :cool:

Value wise I'm not sure. I saw a restored PM go for £200ish recently so yours should be worth £250/300 I'd have thought. As always though it would depend on who's looking and if stuck on ebay I'd not be surprised to see it go for less or more!

Great restoration :) Always nice to see a sympathetic rebuild - good work :cool:

Right just off for a pootle befor dinner, hoped I'd have time for a proper ride after work but some idiots put pay to that.

Thanks for the info re price, reckon I've spent around £100 all in plus my time, this bikes a keeper though :)

Minifreak":2kcejiqp said:
Thanks for the info re price, reckon I've spent around £100 all in plus my time, this bikes a keeper though :)

Well you've spent wisely mate and you can only get a good price for any bike in an auction regardless of marquee if the right punters are competing against each other for it .

But the most important thing is taking care of it and enjoying it for the marvel that it is and that's just priceless ;) .

She is priceless to me, just wish she had been to the owner that cut the bars down. I reckon she's seen very little use so why or why did they have to cut the bars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a great test ride around the local woods but the bars are really holding this back. The lack of control and stability are holding this back.

I have a wanted post up for the original tyres, saddle and most importantly bars but I don't think that'll prove fruitful. Should I find a nice but not rare/ desirable alloy bar and try to get it painted the same colour or go mad and buy some purple Hyperlites? Thinking the first choice myself.

Minifreak":1gg4jhgk said:
She is priceless to me, just wish she had been to the owner that cut the bars down. I reckon she's seen very little use so why or why did they have to cut the bars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a great test ride around the local woods but the bars are really holding this back. The lack of control and stability are holding this back.

I have a wanted post up for the original tyres, saddle and most importantly bars but I don't think that'll prove fruitful. Should I find a nice but not rare/ desirable alloy bar and try to get it painted the same colour or go mad and buy some purple Hyperlites? Thinking the first choice myself.

Yes she does look a real gem even more so in real surroundings well i have a set of cheap black flat alloy bars which are nothing special and i think their either 480mm or 500mm which are hidden in the shed atm but can't check the size till tomorrow to be certain of their length so if your interested they have a few clamp marks on them from the brakes and shifters that were on but they'll only cost you the price of postage mate .

Ian

Re:

Send Wookie a pm, he got his forks, stem and bars refinished quite reasonably on his, with very nice colour, finish etc

This is worth having the bars right, it's a very nice bike

Back