Pleasant unexpected find - 1990 Zolatone Team Marin

Well these lovely Answer Hyperlites arrived in the post today, going to swap the bars out and take this for a good long ride in a bit. I'm still going to try and get some other bars painted but just incase that doesn't work I couldn't turn these down :)

If you get a respray/powdercoat for the bars I'd be interested in who you use. Hot Pink seems to be the closest RAL colour name for the pink but I haven't seen it up close to do a comparison.

I spoke to a few people including LSN Coatings in Castleford, I was basically quoted a £10/piece (bars, fork and stem). Armourtex wanted a minimum of £60 regardless, and then £10-£15 a piece, but they're still pretty good at £78 for forks and frame shot and finished with a lacquer top coat.

If anyone else can suggest somewhere to get them done I'm all ears.

AH1F":2phor93e said:
If you get a respray/powdercoat for the bars I'd be interested in who you use. Hot Pink seems to be the closest RAL colour name for the pink but I haven't seen it up close to do a comparison.

I spoke to a few people including LSN Coatings in Castleford, I was basically quoted a £10/piece (bars, fork and stem). Armourtex wanted a minimum of £60 regardless, and then £10-£15 a piece, but they're still pretty good at £78 for forks and frame shot and finished with a lacquer top coat.

If anyone else can suggest somewhere to get them done I'm all ears.

I've got hold of the below tin from the place I'm going to use to spray the bars, they've put me on to the original supplier who I'm hoping can mix a little orange into the neon pink to get the right colour. Just getting the bars done on this as I love the patina on the stem and forks, would have left the bars too if long enough ;)

I'll keep you updated. Do you have the same bike? Be good to see pics.

I have the same one as yours. I got the frameset in the spring for a snip, mainly because of snapped steerer and a stuck seat post; a bit of freeze and shock and a table vice sorted that in 5 minutes. I've liberated a fork from one of the other Zolatones I've "collected" over the past year.

I'll pop a few pictures up in a bit, the ones on my phone are too big to add as attachments. It's vying with the 94 Team I got yesterday as the next project.

Wow ! that colours deep :cool: and that paint can really looks it's age but who cares as long as it all turns out well ;) ..

Should do, the donor bar is painted not anodised and all original paint will be removed prior to paint. I guess I'll just have to be very careful.

How is the bar situation? I wonder if you would be interested in my Marin Lite T6 Alloy bars @ 560 mm wide?
Also I have other more modern ones(as you will of course have access to as well) like Raceface Ovation's that are 580 mm's wide and interestingly they are almost indentical in form and back sweep to the Marin Lites, lighter too, and well I may think stronger?
Not period correct but I think painted only you(well and we) will know.

Bicycle Addict":7t7sw7a7 said:
How is the bar situation? I wonder if you would be interested in my Marin Lite T6 Alloy bars @ 560 mm wide?
Also I have other more modern ones(as you will of course have access to as well) like Raceface Ovation's that are 580 mm's wide and interestingly they are almost indentical in form and back sweep to the Marin Lites, lighter too, and well I may think stronger?
Not period correct but I think painted only you(well and we) will know.

I've settled on a black alloy no name job that is a perfect width, nice and light and matches the finish of the seatpost nicely so many thanks for the offer but sorted for now. Only way I'll swap it out is if I can get one the correct Fluoro magenta pink.

I'll PM you later re the U brakes model number.

Back