HELP needed..Building Tioga disk drive

Sorry to bump a old thread but i need some help and there is no point starting a new post.

I got a disk drive manual but its for a 32 spoke wheel and not 36 hole. Now i assume the truing pattern will be different but the one pictured here:
resize_of_2005_06_25_040_168.jpg

Is totally different to the one in the 32 hole manual. Is this correct or can anyone else shed any info. I also assume that you still do the none driveside first but would follow the same pattern as the one above and not reverse it?

I had one of them disc drive assembly manuals off him ages ago mine trashed now full of oiled finger prints came in very handy :LOL:

But would be better then using a original :cool:

If you were up my way I would build it for you built a fair few of these even toyed with a few bits of resurrecting the idea using modern fibres but alas they are a nice relic of BITD

Thread Digging :twisted:

The Disko I bought recently has a complete original manual which I am happy to photocopy and mail out to those who need it; Karma of course..

Am gunna start by cleaning all the parts thoroughly, then use Loctite [as suggested] on the Flange bolts.. What would you recommend on the Rim/"Nipple" bolts?

Just looking into building my Disk Drive and I wanted to check what threadlock I should use? I guess Locktite 242 would be suitable?

Back