Wanted Rock Shox Sid 1999 or thereabouts. Condition unimportant, or perhaps borrow some for a bit?

LumPi Panda

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Good afternoon,

Due to an inherent flaw in my personality and mental state I have developed an interest in making small bicycles.
By small, I mean 1:4 scale.
I started with this Yeti SB66C and am now building a retro stablemate for it.

It's going to have Rock Shox Sid forks, because that's what the subject bike had. Problem is, I sold the forks years ago.
What I'm after is a pair of forks that I can use to take measurements, study the form etc.

In an ideal world, somebody has a pair that are beyond use and therefore cheap (free?) or somebody else would be prepared to lend me a set to recreate in 1:4 scale.

They do not need to be pretty, or even functional, but they do have to be extremely cheap. I anyone is willing to lend me a set, then obviously I would cover postage costs.

Many thanks,

Panda.

Bump.
Might also be able to make use of similar period Judys as I believe the castings were pretty much the same.
Prepared to be corrected on that...

Hi

I can lend you some lowers, also have the stanctions & crown I think are ‘99 SID with internals for one leg installed and I have Judy parts too.

They’ll be for sale probably once you have finished with them. More pics shortly and we can verify if they are what you need as it’s not a complete set?

Thanks
Ben

Attachments

• IMG_1667.jpeg
    IMG_1667.jpeg
    824.2 KB · Views: 0
Back