Finally got it FINISHED ....... VERY PACE HEAVY

Very nice indeed.

To save you headaches with the gears later on (just ignore me if you know this already) Dura-Ace 7400 series rear mechs have a unique geometry. They won't index correctly with your Deore thumbies.

Khane":1v11pu0b said:
is it just me or is the crown on those forks in pace pro class grey/pewter ?

Quite possibly, its def not silver.

To save you headaches with the gears later on (just ignore me if you know this already) Dura-Ace 7400 series rear mechs have a unique geometry. They won't index correctly with your Deore thumbies.

Thanks for that, I had no idea. Start looking for an XTR mech then
:cry:

Just a small update today, skewers cleaned and offered up and looking quite nice I think

DSC00697.jpg

DSC00701.jpg

And to the steerer. Ill take a pic tomorrow of it without the stem top cap but got a little carried away and wanted it on right that instant it had been cut and de-burred.

DSC00700.jpg

And finally before calling it a day, added the rear Magura but they need new pads and poss the cable shortening. Still unsure too about the neatest way of getting the cable routing for the rear so a little trial and error here I think but open to ideas.

DSC00702.jpg

Loving the write up , Really a stunning build

You only have 5 days to finish!! :cool:

Shimano made a hydraulic cable clip thats rather neat, better than the metal ones IMO.

You only have 5 days to finish!! Cool

Guuulp... Don't think I'm gonna make it somehow even with the temp wheels on but I am trying!
:oops:

Glad you guys are likeing it though I'm still seething at the thread lock incident, words cannot describe.... Anyway

Thanks for the tip off on the cable guides Kaiser, I've just ordered a pair so hopefully here before the end of the week, I even thought about canti's when I looked at the bike with the rear Magura on it, it looks horrible without proper cable routing imo but now there is light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm bloody glad cos trying to find a decent, un scratched set ot racelines has been hardest thing to source second only to a suitable rear hub.

Roll on tomorrow :D

That is absolutely beautiful. Fingers crossed you get finished for Saturday, failling which we ride every week, mainly from Ticknall, and it would be great to see you . :D

Rob

Back