Eroica Britannia 2016 - anyone signed up?

RichardDean":2k0getmr said:
Planning on doing the 100 on a fixed track bike!

Well you either have legs of steel or you need shoes that will be good for walking ... the 100 mile route is no push over ...

In addition there are sections that are quite technical and narrow so you will get baulked by slower rides and riders pushing their bikes (with little thought for those of us actually trying to ride) ...

It would be heroic to ride the route on fixed but considerably more enjoyable to use gears or at least a freewheel.

Good luck.

Hurrah! Going for the first time. I've entered the 50 miler, planning a leisurely day with lots of time to savour the atmosphere.

Re:

For the 2015 I made the trip over from Norway with the non riding wife as company, but for the next year event I have convinced five friends to join, making a full team, now we need only to decide if we shall go for the 55 or 100 mile route.
For the 2015 I did the 55 mile route on my 1969 BSA Golden Fifty. My first year of cycling after more than twenty years of laziness and with only 400 miles of training. I made it around in about six hours including three half hours stops.
This year I guess I will take a Norwegian DBS La Migliore from 1984.

Re:

Last year was great seeing so many riders from so many different countries, we got chatting to a couple of chaps from The Netherlands, some Polish gents, guys from the Czech Republic, Australians, Italians... I love the international pull of the event and the way everyone seemed to get along so easily. Really looking forward to it this year.

Re:

last time 4 of us ventured north for the event, next year we come mob handed with a crew of 14. You could say that our enthusiasm for the 2015 event has influenced the others to join us next time.

All my cycling mates are racers so have no interest in this ... my wife will ride this year though ... :)

Maca":34ea5z7f said:
Just tell them to Race you Montello :)

Most of my riding is training or racing so nice to get on the vintage bike and have a break from that.

Re:

iv just signed up, think the 100 miles is the one for me, anyone from west yorkshire heading down to do it message me regards steve

Attachments

• erocia2.JPG
    erocia2.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 362
Re:

I've signed up for the 50 mile ride,

Not been before (or cycled that far before) but looking forward to it. Going to get a bit of training in prior.

The whole family are going on Friday afternoon in the camper van, but as the kids are still very young it will be only me doing the ride. Booked the Monday off work to recover as I plan on having a small shandy or two!

Regards, Dave.

Back