Ebay keyword spamming

Status
Not open for further replies.
What test is it?

I use the minus to get rid of some of the crap but some searches i do it just goes on and on and on.

One word then 10-15 minus's on some!

Nothing wrong with keyword spamming if it helps to make a sale.

Wouldn't get a sale from me, I won't buy anything with a spamtastic listing on principle :)

It's just crappy. If I'm looking for X, I don't want to end up on a listing for Y just because it mentions that Y isn't X. If I want a fridge, I don't want to look at dishwashers or washing machines. It's a waste of everyone's time.

If you were to report every single one it would be your full time job :evil:

It is by far the most annoying problem on ebay.I wish they'd take responsibility instead of leaving it totally in the hands of the users.
Cop out if you ask me :?

I find it helpful, as a buyer and as a seller.

I only keyword spam relavantish things, but I always used to search with keywords to find the vintage parts I wanted. Example: Kooka. I've never bought or even looked for a Kooka anything, but I can't count the number of times I have done a search for the keyword "Kooka."

MikeD":2dos173x said:

Wouldn't get a sale from me, I won't buy anything with a spamtastic listing on principle :)

It's just crappy. If I'm looking for X, I don't want to end up on a listing for Y just because it mentions that Y isn't X. If I want a fridge, I don't want to look at dishwashers or washing machines. It's a waste of everyone's time.

Of coarse you would buy it if you really wanted it / needed it, wether it was spammed or not.If that was the best and cheapest on the bay, people winge and moan about ebay but it seems that everyone still uses it... Don't like it don't use it.. SIMPLE.

graham1975":20wfdx6f said:
MikeD":20wfdx6f said:

Of coarse you would buy it if you really wanted it / needed it, wether it was spammed or not.If that was the best and cheapest on the bay, people winge and moan about ebay but it seems that everyone still uses it... Don't like it don't use it.. SIMPLE.
Not liking idiots who keyword spam their auctions doesn't mean people don't like ebay as a whole - so what's with all the reactionary bobbins?

Mike has already said he wouldn't buy from sellers or auctions who do this - so surely that's sticking by his principles - so simple, yet you suggest he should not bother with auctions where this isn't happening? Why?

Why are they idiots for using keywords, It makes perfect sense for a seller to try and get the biggest audience for his product.

FSR-Si":1h70ntk5 said:
Why are they idiots for using keywords, It makes perfect sense for a seller to try and get the biggest audience for his product.
1. Because it's misleading - probably against ebay's rules
2. Because it probably alienates as many buyers as it attracts - it's divisive
3. Because it's one of those hateful arguments based on the end justifies the means

Surely it's time - won't somebody, anybody puhlease think of the chhhhiiilldddrrruun - and I think an obscure Hitler reference is overdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back