Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gripshift ok - not cool or uncool!

• I HATE GRIPSHIFT! UNCOOL!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well what can I say...

I actually LIKE grip shift. Raced 2 seasons with it on my Dyna Tech Quantum back in the day. Ilike it so much I'm going to put it on the Orange!

2 points: Being a fair weather rider they have always worked okay for me.

Being a bit 'Monica off friends' I also think they make the bars of your bike look really tidy and under bar shifters (grip shift cable emerge from there) makes for super tidy cable routing!

I'm off to but some grip shift right now!

:LOL:

Stick Legs":1rjseuzp said:
Being a bit 'Monica off friends' I also think they make the bars of your bike look really tidy and under bar shifters (grip shift cable emerge from there) makes for super tidy cable routing!

LOL
I used the SRT-500, It was cool, no one rode them in my neighbourhood. I was first haha. It was light, looked like more space on the bar. It worked, you could precise set the front.
But after a while the exact shifting was gone, and you had to pull a hughe lever on the grips to move the grips.
And the non index in front, my XTR rapdid fire and front derailleur have the chain on the ring in one click, and the chain is where it belongs.

k admit, the later version may work well and ahev some advantages, but for me... UNCOOL.

Whether they work well (a matter of preference & what this discussion seems to have become!) or not, is irrelevant to whether they're cool.

The reason (or one of the reasons anyway) they're uncool is because every £99.99 POS from your local wholesalers has 'gripshifters'.

Not so many of them these days...

Thumbies are definately cool though! ;)

I love RF+ too (& have it on 2 of my bikes) but I'd certainly not call it cool either...

Ahh but the £99.99 sheds don't have real Gripshift, they have some copy gripshift.

Real Gripshift is cool.

I had the original ones on my 1990 SM1000 [matched with Suntour XC Comp] and I loved them.. Then had the Sachs ones on my 1995 Clockwork, they were a bit **thunky** but shifted fine..

And besides, how could Tomac be so wrong?! :cool:

I ran my Thumbies through all that Rapid fire/X-ray rubbish and then bought X-O.
From one ultimate timeless classic to the next.

X-O work fantastic. Look stealth and are in the Uber-cool seperate freezer compartment.

Back