Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gripshift ok - not cool or uncool!

• I HATE GRIPSHIFT! UNCOOL!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Moi?

There's nothing to protect the top of the shifter if the bike rolls over and comes slamming down on the bars... CRACK!

STI is under the bars and protected... Thumbies are great big lumps of metal and virtually indestructable.

I'm with Gump,Scant,and ameybrook on this one!!
Absolute rubbish!!!!.. I found myself accidently changing gear when chucking the bike about. I tend to get a bit physical...Hands all over the shop!
Shifter's should be either "over" or "under" the bars IMO. Not as part of the grips. Grips are for gripping...Fingers for shifting!! :roll:

Uncool!
Although Ive never tried them!
Just the thought of hanging on for dear life to a tubular gear lever
frightens the hell out of me :twisted:
J

Definately middle of the road, worked ok, were cheap, different to shimano but hardly set the pulse racing.

As for not being able to turn them when its cold or muddy how limp wristed does that sound. Do you have problems with door handles too :oops: :LOL: ;) :p

Absolute tosh.

I can see why some riders might like 'em but I never liked the look of them.

I had some X-Rays on a 96 Kilauea and I just couldn't get on with them at all. Accidental changes when riding and climbing hard.

They will never look as cool or work as well as a set of DX thumbies

Serious thumbs down from me then :roll:

Looks like another hot topic.

Ran X-Rays for a bit. Worked well enough when
  • New goretex cables fitted
    Cog Hog fitted
    Perfectly clean drivetrain and cables
    Summer
    Filled shifters with vaseline

If you hadn't done this they worked like sh*te. As such big thumbs down here.

Never used them myself, so can't say either way really - though i suppose the fact that i've never wanted to use them probably says something...

Back