And today I did......

Do you have or have access to a dremel or its equivalent Gmac?
The bolts are similar to C2 rotor bolts and those are notorious for binding in :?
I get them out by putting a small flat on each side then using a molegrip to grab and twist.That nearly always breaks to hold :?

On the subject of SPD's Just won a pair of XT clippies for £7.90 :D

TK, the plastic inner sole on my Shimano shoes does not come out.
They're more than a few years old though, think they were maybe Shimano's racing shoes back then.
Did have a pair of even older Shimano shoes that did have removable plates that could be taken out once the soft insole was taken out.

I've got several of the 2 hole internal plates, for Ritchey and VP pedals, and a packet of the Shimano 4 hole plates with cleats too. And some spare bolts inaw.

Why dont you get proper pedals :)

Checked out the Old Kilpatrick hills earlier, beast of a climb up to loch Humphrey, rough rocky, pretty much unrideable, track improved for a bit, was intending to loop round the loch, pick up a downhill trail, drop down into Milton, ride back to Old Kilpatrick but made the wrong decision to go round the far side of the loch, two mile hike a bike across rough marsh land lead to impassable trees :roll:, by the time i hiked back to the trail i could'nt be arsed trying the alteranative route.

May check it out again next weekend.

Stunning view of Erskine, Glasgow etc from up there.

no the sidi ones would need to be cut out, but thankfully i got the screw out using molegrips, time and effort :LOL:

well i managed to take my oldest lassie up the bing on her wee spesh hotrock for an hour tonight and she done really well :D she done all the hills i did and tried to jump off everything she passed , had a bit of a proud lump in the throat moment tbh :LOL:

apart from that i got a wee bit done to my progear , it'll be my new jumpbike soon :LOL:

Eck, sorry I haven't been along to get the crank from you. Will PM you when I'm sure I can make the trip to your Aladdin's Cave.
Been working on my wife's campervan for an MOT and now an MOT re-test.
Replaced all the springs, fixed the front brakes, pistons seized/new pads and after I finish this cup of tea I'm going back out to change the exhaust.
Every nut, bolt is seized as it's not been taken apart for years, think the good old angle grinder is gettin fired up for the rusted to eff exhaust bolts, brand new stuff going on so no need to be careful.

If it fails again the morra I'll no be happy.

Latest posts

Back