And today I did......

Just pulled the trigger on a new frame today after I came back from my morning ride. :D
I was using the phone in the bedroom ordering it when my wife walked in. I felt like I had just been caught doing something naughty!! :shock: :LOL:

mikee":3k0dbt3m said:
just ride DIRT tyres , on a DIRT bike, 45 psi
none of this 200 psi tub/clincher bollocks

+1.

Did just that. Just a quick 15 minutes down the local woods to shake down the Bfe. Totally different animal to the Soul. Still feels like a steel frame but much more..... Oh, I dunno, can't describe it. It basically wants to lure you down the woods to look at non existant puppies.

I'm going to try it with a 160mm Bomber tommorrow and see if I dare throw it down some of the bits that have been intimidating over the last few years.

A mate pointed me at this page on FB....

http://www.facebook.com/events/306767486041797/

Could be a laugh for the weeg sided posse

SIX DAYS OF CYCLE RACING AROUND GLASGOW'S CITY CENTRE
WITH GOOD BEER ,BIKES AND BRAVADO ,
IN THE SPIRIT OF BELGIUM'S GREAT SIX DAY RACES

MONDAY NIGHT 27/2/12 - CRITERIUM STREETRACE/Meet 7.30pm at Glasgow Green/Peoples Palace Fountain
Race around a bright,traffic-free circuit ,15-20 laps ,Beers After at West Brewery

TUESDAY NIGHT 28/2/12 - HILL TIME TRIAL/Meet 7.30pm at Blythswood Square
Race against the clock, up Glasgow's steepest hills,Beers After at The Bay

WEDNESDAY NIGHT 29/2/12 - TOMCAT RACE/Meet 7.30pm at Cowcaddens Subway Station
Race on a bike-lane-loop, over bridges and under paths in packs of 4, elimination rounds to final.Beer at The Captains Rest

THURSDAY NIGHT 01/3/12 - ROLLAPALUZA ROLLER RACING/Meet from 4pm inside Dales Cycles/Dobbies Loan
Head-to-head roller racing in Rollapaluzas National Series,In-house Bar from The Ivy
http://www.rollapaluza.com/nationals/

FRIDAY NIGHT 02/03/12 - CRACKERJACK ALLEYCAT/Meet 7.30ish pm at Royal Concert Hall Steps/Buchanan st
10 Checkpoint Alleycat Race around the streets of the city,Beer at tba

SATURDAY NIGHT 03/02/12 - KEIRIN RACING/Meet from 5pm at Rig Bikeshop 143 West Regent st to ride to the start at Park Circus/Woodlands
6 Lap sprint,Keirin style,around Park circus street velodrome ,Beer at the Halt

ALL TYPES OF BICYCLE WELCOME/HELMETS REQ.
£10 for the full event or £3 a race
(Rollapaluza pay at the door on the night)

ALL FUNDS RAISED WILL GO THE www.ecmc2012.co.uk ORGANISING COMMITEE

get oan it!

To quote our wonderous slanguage, that looks pure the bawz :cool:

Might have to cross the weej border for one of those events.

If you click on the ecmc2012 link it will take you to the Edinburgh event in the summer, sections are open to all I think, but competition might be more elite then I expect.

I have decided not to go to SSEC12 in France this year as frankly I cannot face the hassle of getting there and back. A side effect of ME is that stress and strain can completely destroy me and thus France is just too much stress.
Sorry Jamie, your on your own mate but I'm certain other retrobikers will be there.

As a penance I've registered and paid for the ECMC2012 as its right on my doorstep plus as I've been stupid enough to fixie at SSEC11 in Belgium this should be my kind of event.

If ECMC2012 is full of elite types then I can compete for last place :LOL:

Thanks TK for the headsup, looks great fun ;)

Are you doing SSUK this year Velo? The Yorkies are planning an attack this year. You can pretend to be a Yorkshireman for the weekend- I have a spare flat cap.

Back