And today I did......

No bother being a fake Yorky, my Gran was from Otley and my mums cousin from Otley is Brian Clough........obviously not the Brian Clough :LOL:

Where is SSUK, not been paying attention :roll:

Just checked out SSUK2012's organisers web page 'Cheeky Trails'.
It seems to me any event organised by this lot somewhere in Northern England and widely advertised will result in several coachloads of rozzers arriving and arresting everyone for criminal tresspass :LOL:

I hope they go for an established mtb area as I'm too ugly for jail, the big cons wouldn't protect me if you know what I mean ;)

They have a date and location sorted. They are just awaiting final confirmation from the FC before the announcement. All I can say is it's late summer and in the Yorks/Lancs border.

Most of the ECMC events are near where I live and I'in the Tourmalet pub occasionally. Might try and catch a few bits and freak them out with my many gears :D

Got out of wedding stuff :D Too late to go to Dunkeld though :( But not too late to head to Glentress :LOL:

Gave the new Kona it's first run out. I've created something which is hugely impractical, heavy, with the wrong gear, and enormous fun! It's far and away the worst climbing bike I've ever had, but it's a real hoot on swoopy trail centre stuff. I kind of had spooky woods in mind during the build the low BB and long wheelbase is bloody great!

Just pushed the button on some specialized carbon forks from ebay for the road bike. Start price of £25 and no-bids, I was umming and awing but checked planet x and the £50 forks are up to £100 - decision made!

These have the usual subtle specialized branding, but I'll be trying to get that off for a more stealthly look.

Paypal balance is looking healthy, but need to find another £31.88 for the roadie wheels I'm after next. Running out of spares to punt, but on the plus-side I've got much more room!

Tell me about it - the red would have looked good on the Giant. They're still listed as "from £49.99" but go into the listing and they're all £99.99. Just hope the wheelset I'm after stays reduced long enough...

Back