And today I did......

jimihendrix":1q06s6as said:
...anyway towards the end i could feel my thighs starting to cramp up, how can i combat this ? (it has happened before), is it just a case of going to hard ?, not stretching or warming up ?, or just lack of regular riding.

Seat too low? That does it for me, hence my topically tortuous trulls* travails as I go to the other extreme.

* trulls -noun Orkney dialect testicles

therealkw15":zhlhb021 said:
jimihendrix":zhlhb021 said:
...anyway towards the end i could feel my thighs starting to cramp up, how can i combat this ? (it has happened before), is it just a case of going to hard ?, not stretching or warming up ?, or just lack of regular riding.

Seat too low? That does it for me, hence my topically tortuous trulls* travails as I go to the other extreme.

* trulls -noun Orkney dialect testicles

If anything i ride with the saddle too high (leg fully stretched when pedal at bottom of stroke, wonder if that's causing it ?, the cramp usually occurs after beasting up a hill out of the saddle though.

No trouble with the Bolards thankfully :LOL:

Well I got lost and my cleat broke :roll: still a lovely ride. You can't beat a bit of roadie'in now and then :D

RobMac":2728z38w said:
Thats Lactic Acid that your muscle screaming Ive had enough stop beating me, spin me its easier :cry:

Ah, rode single speed most of last year, i'll maybe try changing gear :LOL:

Had a great non stop one hour blast round pollock park thismorning, total hooligan :LOL: , felt stronger and fitter than yesterday, was chuffed when a group of younger riders on nice modern bikes were holding me back (downhill and uphill) :LOL:

I had one of those rides earlier, 1hr ballistic, power slides, it just didnt let up, my average speed would have been high but no comp on the Stumpy. And I was low on fuel, thats what makes or breaks me :twisted:

Touched up the paint on the Rockhopper - thanks to my sweaty thighs and general cack-handedness while trying to straighten the frame, the bloody decals are a right state now and need replacing.

scored a karakorum for nowt, its been sitting in the car park for donkeys and I spoke to the guy who owned it. Said take it away. Its a bit of a heaver and could be nothing but scrap bit I'll strip it and see. Its the same purple as mikee's but it'll be getting blasted anyway. Has a set of RS mag's too. This may be my first foray into fitting track ends.

Paced myself really well down at Glentress today... only stopped once on the red climb for 2 minutes to stuff some food down my gullet - not the fastest, but not knackered by the time I reached Spooky Woods either. My plan was to mix in some Black by doing Betty Blue after Spooky Woods then dropping down onto Deliverance, but the fireroad leading to Deliverance was closed for logging :evil: So I trundled back up and did the rest of the red from Super G, then nipped back up to Buzzard's Nest for a high speed rip down the blue. Really quiet today, I was first car in the car park :shock: I think I saw 2 other riders the whole time I was out.

Back