And today I did......

That was the gods trying to tempt you to the path of enlightenment that is singlespeed ;)
There will be a few singlespeeds there such as Brian and myself, maybe Kaiser and Rado. One year nearly everyone was on singlespeeds, so as you can see you will be fine. Its the start of the year so no ones fit.

Jamie

Re: Re:

tack4":1a85jxbl said:
re Dunkeld i am not anywhere near fit enough or off road skilled enough for any MacRetro riding

Neither are Rob or OCP but it doesn't stop them from coming :LOL:

Just come, you'll be fine. I've not mtb'd since breaking my collarbone last September and will be taking it easy as well.
No point building a bike and not getting it filthy.

Re:

would love to clubby,

but my wife has been away this weekend and we didn't get our valentines meal, she won't get home til late tomorrow and i'm working all week so next weekend has been booked for us time nudge, nudge ;) ;)

bike still not 100% set up to my liking as yet.

hope to get to a meet in near future but it won't be this one guys.

Be good to see you Clubby, hope everythings coming along nicely with the collarbone.
Theres always next time Tack.

Jamie

Re:

clubby, yer right enough about me although I'm much fitter now than I was but still no real endurance in my legs going uphill at the speeds you guys go at. :oops:
Rob isnae someone I'd say was anywhere near being unfit, he's way fitter than me which is no a hard thing to achieve tae be truthful, he jist looks auld, like me. :mrgreen:

Re:

I'm in Inverness Jamie, and i'm wearing my Valentine's present from the wife! :cool:

Attachments

• velo.jpg
    velo.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 244
Jamiedyer":2vnp44e0 said:
Be good to see you Clubby, hope everythings coming along nicely with the collarbone.

Still not 100%, been a bit achey the last couple of days but I'm hoping that's just the bones starting to fuse properly. Functionally the shoulder works fine but the two bits of bone still aren't properly joined. Off on Wednesday and hoping to get the retro out and see how it feels before deciding if I'm coming or not. Don't want to put myself back to square one at this late stage.

Re:

Spent most of my day in man cave organising tool rack, wrapping two chainstays with old inner tube further strip down of 2nd retro bike, then last 3 hours wet n dry prepping a stem, wet n dry 180/400/1000 grade then autosol on sti brake /lever combo, cantis and chainset :cool:

If you stretch the innertube(split) as you wrap it it holds itself in place.
Start at the cranks end means you can get it tight and wrapped once around to hold itself in place then moving towards the rear with a 30% overlap. Zippy finishes it and being the mech end not as noticeable.

Im rebuilding the quake with the manitou R7's,Hope X2's and a set of pro2 on dt swiss.
The purple CK isnt looking like it should be there ,see if someone wants a swop :?

Wouldnt mind changing the shock but i dont think ive the budget for that

Although its a medium, with the forks/wheels and seat on it feels ok size wise :? If it ends up feeling too small we'll deal with that then. Important thing is to get another project under way while im waiting on the Ti fix

Going to be interesting adapting the rear pro2 to work with my IS mount as the quakes non disc and welding though a good idea isnt in the budget.

Back