And today I did......

I specced my canyon with 25's and they were great last summer. Ran them at 85-90 and were comfy even on aero rims. Winter bike has 28's and have dealt amazing with the crappy conditions. Clearance not an issue though with the disk brakes, probably struggle with normal calipers.

also got a set of H PLUS SON architype 23mm rims, need to get em laced up, but looking forward to experiencing the difference these make to the tyre profile

nada, not even a reply

spoke to pedal power in west calder, and they advised that had it been registered it would be no issue but as it was unregistered no chance. so purchased a kinesis T2 frame to get through the winter. but still feeling the dissapointment

in contrast, also purchased a Neil Pryde frame a few weeks back (two days before noticing the cracks). registered it the other week, if i understand the terms correctly, it was under warranty for 3 years without registration, but after registering it - it's extended to 5 years.

WP_20150212_002 by gmac123, on Flickr

not had much time recently, but got it to rolling chasis stage last night for a bit of sizing...

going to need an inline seatpost :facepalm: ffs, the supplied post has too much offset.. and 27.2 ZIPP (to match bars and stem) inline appear to like rocking horse shit (or where you can find them they want double the retail price)

Shame about the cracked frame, but the Neil Pryde looks fast siting still!
I'll keep my eyes peeled for a seatpost.

Jamie

I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on a job very well done
The vast majority of bikes built on here are almost premade jigsaws so youve surpassed all of them with the full renovation build

Its been interesting :D

Next up: The future with brakes that work and a little comfort :LOL:

dyna-ti":1jsi2f0b said:
I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on a job very well done
The vast majority of bikes built on here are almost premade jigsaws so youve surpassed all of them with the full renovation build

Its been interesting :D

Next up: The future with brakes that work and a little comfort :LOL:

thanks m8

it's been so rewarding

Looks very good tack4, you've certainly done a nice job. I really like the Bear Valley as a good honest durable steel ride.
Yesterday up here was very foggy and looked a bit wet but I needed to get a few miles in the legs so thought I would get a couple of hours in out on the Merckx. Do the usual type ride and cycle the back roads on a circuitus route to Thurso, meet Heather and Caleb for a coffee and then ride home along the coast.
I didn't end up getting out until after 1pm and thought I would just head for town.
As is sometimes the way I got to one of the usual junctions where I normally turn right and head along the valley towards the coast, this time I turned left as I could see a small road on the opposite side to me heading away over the side of the valley. I thought it may run parralel to the coast so cant go too wrong and as I hadn't been along it before I thought it may be interesting as well. It turned out to be a great little singletrack road with a couple of short, sharp little climbs and suprisingly, it deposited me onto the main road about 5 miles on the far side of Thurso. This bit of the main road is the return run for the local time trial course so of course I had to ride it as quick as I could, even with a head/cross wind, to arrive in town slightly early. So as you do when you arrive early in town I went to the bike shop and chatted with Sam who ownss it for a while and was then late for meeting Heather and Caleb, only just :)
It was nearly dark when I left Thurso and with twelve or so miles to go I put my lights on that I thankfully remembered to fit before leaving. It was then I realised the cross/head wind was really strong and the temp had dropped considerably, uneventful and not as pleasant or as 'easy' as before thats for sure.
Nice ride and while thick fog along the way it remained dry and while it was pretty cold it wasn't uncomfortable.
I hadn't been on the Merckx for a while as its either been the Pugs, 1X1 or the tourer and just thought with a few rides coming up I needed to get the legs spinning but it was one of those rides where the legs were far better than expected, maybe all that singlespeeding mountainbike over the winter.
About to head back out just now for a few hours but we currently have very high winds showing 37 miles an hour from the east. Maybe I can get Heather to give me a lift somewhere on the eastern side of the district :)
(I doubt it)
Just thought I'd share

Jamie

Can you tell which dirrection the winds coming from ;)

Back