And today I did......

Re:

My shitty year continues. Phone call from vet last night saying one of our cats had been hit a car. Nothing they could do she'd been killed instantly. Sharron been on holiday for 2 weeks and back tonight, don't know how I'm going to break the news. All she's said for last few days is how much she's looking forward to getting back for her cat cuddles.

That is bad news indeed :( Im a catty lover and weve lost a couple to the main road.
Mum just got a new cat(ragdoll/tabby X) but was proving to be too interested in whats on the other side of the big main road, so weve farmed him out to my sister whose house in a bit more residential and off the main roads.Mum just couldnt face losing him.
They sleep in very funny and seemingly uncomfortable positions

Attachments

• silver humb F&R 111 (Custom).JPG
    silver humb F&R 111 (Custom).JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 707
Clubby that's awful

Lying burst on the couch, watching the last proper race of the season, wishing i was in Italy myself riding the l`erocia

Re:

You have my sympathies, we lost our youngest cat last year in the same way and it was devastating (we didn't find out what had happened to him until more than a week after he went missing.)

We got another a few months ago, Maine Coon x Norwegian Forest Cat (the one that we lost was part NFC, a real character) and I'm glad we did, he's cheered us all up no end. Nothing really helps for the first while though :(

:( sorry to here that Clubby, lost one of ours to a car and lost a leg/paid 1000 to a vet to get the other one fixed after a car hit it.

We're about ready for our next pet - waiting on the kitchen to be finished before getting one - kids want another cat, wife wants a dog. All I want is not to be allergic to what ever we get.

Quite like Pixie Bobs and Hungarian Vizslas. ajm - how big is the NFC?

The Ken":24c0ttgv said:
We're about ready for our next pet - waiting on the kitchen to be finished before getting one - kids want another cat, wife wants a dog.ajm - how big is the NFC?

At 6 months old he's between 1.5 and 2 times the size of our moggies, (they take up to four years to reach full size but I don't think he's going to be truly gigantic like some of the breed)

Both Norwegian Forest Cats and Maine Coons are very dog-like cats, I'd definitely consider one in your position - they're far less hassle than a dog but very intelligent and considerably more keen on interacting with humans than most cats... given the choice I'd definitely go for full NFC as I think there's a bit more sparkle to their character but they're not quite so easy to get. Our cross is lovely though, easy going, happy to be picked up and played with and really gentle with his massive paws.

Latest posts

Back