And today I did......

Re:

Today I took a Marin Mount Vision frame out of the Stock Room (the attic) Im gonna
see if I can build it up using only parts I have in stock, hope Ive got enough :roll:

RobMac":35nc7398 said:
velomaniac":35nc7398 said:
We need a single speed meet at some future point !

Yeah that would be a idea 'V' ;)

Ah, the sound of grinding knee cartilage 'en masse' :LOL:

You wont have the right parts Rob :LOL: Always the same. Im sitting on a pile of stuff but when i get the basic frame from velo, will still need to source a cheapo back wheel.
Think ive in the region of 9 Hope rear hubs, 4 of them new :facepalm:

Re: Re:

RobMac":ll6psi22 said:
Speakin of Hope, what model/generation would you recommend that would take a 20mm axle for a DH bike?

Front big un- Though ive never used the big un you can tell by looking as it its strengths. Id also go for 5 bolt rotor over 6 because i feel the wider bcd gives more support to the larger rotors
Rear bulb recommendation even though im not and ever DH- Was about to say pro2 due to its interchangeability and ease of servicing but for the shitty alloy freehub and the fact ive got to service my pro2 rear again and thats just road use. Caught it skipping while freewheeling and when pushing. Might just be the angle and resistance from the 4 spring steel pawls springs but a look see is warranted :?

Boxxer would be the one to ask, thats his forte :?

Re:

The reason I ask is Ive had no luck finding a front SantaCruz/Hadley front hub to keep my rear one company and thought a front Hope would do mean while. :?

I have a modern 6 bolt bulb . 32h black. at the mo its set for qr though i have the 20mm adaptors too. I could let you have that set as 20mm. id like to retain the qr adaptor as i bought it separately for more than i would normally. Think ive 2 bulb front 5 bolt if theyre any good :? or is it a modern sus ?

Re:

Another road run on the Flying Scot - up Glen Esk and back to the sound of Lapwings and Yellowhammers :D

Swish, swish,swish go the wheels and I appear to have another (1961 this time) FS frameset sitting on the sofa ;)

Back