And today I did......

To be fair it was a Chris King, and it's one of those new-fangled tapered headset thingies. At that price for a CK, it made sense to just buy it.

I do like the curvy top-tube on those Trails, fat front-end would push it well into niche-tastic territory.

Talking of niche, I saw a gentlemen riding along Princes Street last night with a pink goatee and bare feet.

RobMac":3vr7an8j said:
zigzag":3vr7an8j said:
I do like the curvy top-tube

Well your gonna like my "Special Stealth Project" :cool: The tappered forks just arrived for it, my hands were sweatin unwrappin them :facepalm:

You're not actually going to finished a project this year are you? :shock:

Re:

ZZ it was the probikeshop sale, V it would probably freak you out then that the headset was originally 151 euro(not posted).

Someone once remarked that bikes with bent top tubes look like 'dugs having a dump', since then I cannot look at one without thinking this. It'll have to be a fantastic bike before one literally darkens my doorstep.

Happy new bike day to me!

Canyon road bike arrived today so scoffed tea and straight into garage. Unfortunately it's pissing down so test ride will have to wait until tomorrow.
Very impressed with the way it was delivered. Left Germany Thursday pm and arrived this afternoon. Came packed with torque wrench and bits for putting it together, along with carbon assembly paste. I'd went for the version with the Mavic carbon aero wheels (why? just because) and it also came with a set of wheel bags, mavic spoke keys, a couple of valve extenders with loads of spare seals and also the original shimano brake pads that had been replaced with the mavic specific ones. Had to laugh as also packed was a massive bag of reflectors and a bell!
Glad I ignored their own online sizer and went with my gut, as the size feels perfect. The small they were recommending would have been too cramped.

Just need a new pair of disco slippers and some strange pedals and I'll be sorted.

Talking road bikes as an aside, seen one of the new Hoy roadbikes in the works bike shed yesterday. All I can say is WOW, an extremely nice looking modern bike and after chatting to its owner, very good VFM !

Back