26" Tan/Amber Wall Tires?

Did you come to a conclusion on the Dubbin - or did it come to nuttin'?

I've just fitted a pair of DMR Moto DJ (26x2.2) to a new build. Yet to be ridden, but as a tarmac/cruiser/towpath option - I thought these were worth a go. IMHO, they look pretty good on an early '90s frame and there's plenty of clearance.
How do these ride?

They're on sale here for £20 so a cheap option if they're decent: https://hopkinsoncycles.co.uk/produ...MIroXZ0-Sz_gIVFu7tCh3-RQ6TEAQYAyABEgJPF_D_BwE

Those DMR's look sweet! pretty heavy at 750g tho...Billy Bonkers are 490g, i dont love the big logos but they are proper light.

Last edited:
Those DMR's look sweet! pretty heavy at 750g tho...Billy Bonkers are 300g, i dont love the big logos but they are proper light.
Yeah Bonkers are quite amazing, I did shy away from them for quite a while but at the moment it's one of my favourites. Great for light gravel and commuting, I've even been alright during mildly muddy conditions. Great tyre.

I'm liking the DMRs and I'm riding a mix of tarmac, gravel, dirt and some sand - and being fitted to more of a cruiser I'm not overly fussed about the weight. The Willy Wonker logo is just a BIG NO FOR ME, if you KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Had them on this today for a shake down ride..... very pleasant it was too.

32F1393B-4FEE-44AE-AEF3-D08B31BD8327.jpeg

Apart from the obvious aesthetic benefit - I would have thought that Wonkers are a bit Veruca Salt in the Augustus Gloop?

Back