1992 Marin team issue - restored and ridden

I spent about 20mins polishing a 1 square inch of top tube with 1200, 2000, 2500 wet’n’dry and then autosol. There was a scratch in said square inch, but it’s a lot less noticeable.

Try scratch-x it is a polishing medium that breaks down as you polish it. So it goes from course to fine by itself!

Will get out most scratches and leaves a surface that just needs a wax.....like after t-cut.

I also use it instead of compound for cutting back clearcoat to get a hi gloss finish. Far easier to use and nowhere near as hard a job.

Try scratch-x it is a polishing medium that breaks down as you polish it. So it goes from course to fine by itself!

Will get out most scratches and leaves a surface that just needs a wax.....like after t-cut.

I also use it instead of compound for cutting back clearcoat to get a hi gloss finish. Far easier to use and nowhere near as hard a job.

Cheers I’ll have a look

Part 3 - wheels are sorted now.

Tyres are now mounted on the wheels

CDEAB5AD-2906-497D-9136-A322AF1FFDEE.jpeg
89717355-A3DB-4A36-8102-1BD7853D8674.jpeg

They’re a bit rough so I won’t really ride them much, but the tread still has some of the moulding pips!

Last edited:
I’ve messaged @widowmaker about some Suntour xc comp pedals, so fingers crossed I’m sorted for pedals.

I’ve also messaged Gil about some Marin lite decals for bars, stem and seatpost.

Now just need some front xtr cantilevers, clean the chain, and I’m pretty much sorted I’d say.

Also got some new odi attacks because, why not?

And gonna order some hot neon cable outers from the bicyclist.cc

And do I set off on the journey that is finding an original 750g Marin lite fork?
I have Marin fork from a 94 Team Marin knocking around that I'm unlikely to ever use or need - catalogue suggests that is a 730g ultralite. Only issue is I had it painted red a while back - check Marin link in my sig for the colour - a professional powdercoat job. Let me know if you're interested...

I have Marin fork from a 94 Team Marin knocking around that I'm unlikely to ever use or need - catalogue suggests that is a 730g ultralite. Only issue is I had it painted red a while back - check Marin link in my sig for the colour - a professional powdercoat job. Let me know if you're interested...
I’m listening😉

Back