1992 Marin team issue - restored and ridden

There are two dilemmas I am running into here at the moment:

Do I replace the original xtr outer cables for neon green to match the soon to be decals? The front brake cable housing is not xtr though.

And do I set off on the journey that is finding an original 750g Marin lite fork?

Would be quite expensive though as it’s perforated. Shame the ti logos and the team Marin logo has been nearly rubbed off though.
Yeah maybe easier to find another one in good condition. Try riding it for a round, and listen to if it's squeekin'.
If it doesn't make any sound it's good

There are two dilemmas I am running into here at the moment:

Do I replace the original xtr outer cables for neon green to match the soon to be decals? The front brake cable housing is not xtr though.

And do I set off on the journey that is finding an original 750g Marin lite fork?
My vote is for the catalogue correct rebuild, but i'm boring.

My vote is for the catalogue correct rebuild, but i'm boring.
I think I’ll go catalogue(don’t worry I’m boring as well), but I may go manitou 1’s instead of rc-35’s as I think finding a set of 750g rockstars will be a pain.

Only thing I’ll probably do different other than the forks is probably a nicer seatpost QR.

I think I’ll go catalogue(don’t worry I’m boring as well), but I may go manitou 1’s instead of rc-35’s as I think finding a set of 750g rockstars will be a pain.

Only thing I’ll probably do different other than the forks is probably a nicer seatpost QR.
You can try launching some wanted ads. I guess it's not impossible sourcing these

Back