1992 Marin Team Issue rescue - Finshed pics on page 8

Re: 1992 Marin Team Issue rescue

As far as I can build today without the rear wheel and stem. Chuffed with how this is turning out :)

That's looking excellent so far Tim and a Team Marin botm seems a great idea ;) ..

Cheers Ian, just noticed you sent me something today, thanks again mate and take it easy ;)

Your welcome Tim and yes i thought it was a good idea ;) and thanks mate i'll keep my chin up and i look forward to the next updates :) ..

Looks yummy Tim :cool: so i take it your just waiting for the rear wheel then and what colour cable housing are you using then mate as i'd of been tempted with yellow although it could be a little ott but i get the feeling it would look pretty good tbh but if it's not a keeper then not every one will like it ..

Going with the original grey XTR cable outlets with new inners, the originals are all good accept for one bit and I'm sure I'll have some spare once I cable up my Yeti build.

Just the rear wheel to arrive as you say.

Here's some more pics:

From the stem decal it looks like the frame decals should have been a fluorescent yellow, every other pic of a team issue from 92 I could find had faded yellow/ almost white decals so wasn't aware of the actual colour until now. Gil has done such a great job on the decals and I like them so they will stay whilst the bikes with me.

Okay Tim if the original grey outer cable housing is good then it would be a shame not to use them as i guess with a little bit of a clean they will look good again with the exception of the broken one but yes i was wondering about sticking with the grey but thought something a little brighter might appeal ..

Yes the main decals on the frame should be fluorescent yellow from what i can remember but tbh i had forgotten :facepalm: otherwise i'd of mentioned it ..

I must admit Tim that Marin tends to look nicer each time i see it especially since you put the stem and bars on so i'm really looking forward to seeing it completed after you've cabled up my other bike ;) ..

Minifreak said:
After some degreasing and polishing, I love how XTR M900 comes up with some love:

when you say degreasing what was your approach and what did you use the parts came out well - builds looking good

Back