Your Retrobike least wanted list.

The usual big brands already listed by quite a few - GT, Marin & Trek

Also for me (just my opinion remember)

Yeti - over priced, over hyped :p {dons flameproof suit & ducks for cover}

All full suspension - bob, bob, bobbing along :x

All front suspension - see above

That is all, carry on ;)

Any 'cross-country' or 'race' frame that has pannier mounts on the rear dropouts.

Just reeks of slackness to me.

The same frames invariably never have the corresponding mounts on the seat stays, so the builder was obviously too lazy to modify the dropouts.

Several cases spring to mind, but it's the principle reason why I just can't bring myself to buy (for example) certain Salsa and Ibis frames when they come up for sale...

I always end up staring at the out-of-place Ritchey dropouts with redundant eyelets and can't get over them.

I despise them nearly as much as boring mid-range tat...

Nearly...

BoyBurning":1t83kn14 said:
The same frames invariably never have the corresponding mounts on the seat stays, so the builder was obviously too lazy to modify the dropouts...

Orange have them on many model years with just a M5 threaded hole in the bottom of the wishbone tube for a rear Crud Guard.

anything mainstream, high production, low quality... and Pace's, never got them, didn't get the hype.

Maybe it's because I'm from the south and they were from up north.

merckx":9u4whz0h said:
• grips that slide off in the rain
• bars that are cut too narrow
• quill stems
• threaded headsets
• soft alloy rims
• rigid forks
• poorly performing cnc derailluers
• toe clips and straps
• flat pedals
• quick release seat binder clamps
• suntour

So you're on 'Retrobike' because....?

:LOL:

So you're on 'Retrobike' because....?

:LOL:

it is a bit that way.... :) i guess i am a bit of a mid nineties type of retro lover, as opposed to late eighties early nineties.. :LOL:

Pace
Ritchey

It's a personal thing. I just don't like them. I realise that they're very good bikes really, they just don't float my boat.

merckx":2z62o6up said:
it is a bit that way.... :) i guess i am a bit of a mid nineties type of retro lover, as opposed to late eighties early nineties.. :LOL:

Yep, same here. Nowt wrong with that although I'm sure quite a few people will disagree!

Back